What's new

Queen Charlotte Soap

Has anybody tried this new soap? I just received the QCS "Lime" and tried it this morning. The smell is amazing. It is a cream soap ala TOBS. Anyone else have an opinion?

I got a tub of the QCS Cedarwood-Lemongrass last week. Used it twice. Got it in the afternoon and didn't need to shave, so made a quick lather in my hands just to get an idea for the slickness and scent. Didn't notice much in the cedarwood, but very strong lemongrass on the backend. First shave the next morning left me with the same impression. Second shave I got my brush loaded better. Lots of lather, and slick. I could really get a nice cedar scent :biggrin1:while I was shaving, and again the lemongrass pickup at the end. Overall, I think its a great product (only had 2 shaves with it so far), and I would purchase again. I like the C-L, but I might would try a different scent as well to mix it up a little.

Matt had great service (ordered on Sunday night, received on Wed.):thumbup:

I got a tub of the QCS Cedarwood-Lemongrass last week. Used it twice. Got it in the afternoon and didn't need to shave, so made a quick lather in my hands just to get an idea for the slickness and scent. Didn't notice much in the cedarwood, but very strong lemongrass on the backend. First shave the next morning left me with the same impression. Second shave I got my brush loaded better. Lots of lather, and slick. I could really get a nice cedar scent :biggrin1:while I was shaving, and again the lemongrass pickup at the end. Overall, I think its a great product (only had 2 shaves with it so far), and I would purchase again. I like the C-L, but I might would try a different scent as well to mix it up a little.

Matt had great service (ordered on Sunday night, received on Wed.):thumbup:

+1 :thumbup:
I had the same experience with my 1st shave.
The Cedar is subtle, and as the shave progresses the lemongrass becomes more dominant.
With my SOC, it's a lathering fool.
I am going to try another of their soaps/creams, probably Sandalwood.

What do you gentlemen think of the cedarwood-lemongrass balance? When testing my blend out, I fealt like the lemongrass needed to be stronger, hence the scent you have now. Would you actually prefer the cedarwood being stronger?

What do you gentlemen think of the cedarwood-lemongrass balance? When testing my blend out, I fealt like the lemongrass needed to be stronger, hence the scent you have now. Would you actually prefer the cedarwood being stronger?

I am sniffing the tub right now and the lemongrass is more apparent.
In fact, to my nose, the cedar is in the background. I know it's there, like something masking the lemongrass.

As I smeared a small bit between my fingers and it starts to heat up, both fragrances becomes stronger still, with the lemongrass becoming prominent. Not unpleasant mind you.

I like how the fragrances shift, so I would vote against making the cedar stronger, without 1st having a smell of it.

:lol: My wife thinks that I am nuts. I have shaving soap smell all over me and shavings from a cedar coat hanger, on my desktop.

Received my lavender today and forgot to call my wife to get the mail early:mad3: Well, it looked like a great looking soup after sitting in our mail box all day along with a tub of Cella and tube of Musgo. A few hours in the refrigerator and all was fine.

My wife ordered it but I guarantee I'll be getting some action from the soap. It is an AMAZING lavender scent and we love lavender and has to be one of the best versions of lavender we've had.

Received my Sandalwood soap yesterday after work. It sat in our mailbox all day and melted, too. It was quite soupy when I opened it. At first, I was kinda concerned becuase I didn't know if it would be an issue or not (if the soap was ruined or if it would be ok), and I wasn't totally sure what the consistency should be since this was my first order. It setup over night into a hard cream (almost like a really soft puck, solid but squishable). So, all is well.

If I were being honest, I'd say that the Sandalwood scent didn't agree with me at first, though not bad. It's growing on me, though... figuratively and literally... the scent has lasted into the noon hour on me, which is about 6 hours, and still going. Nice staying power.

The lather though.... WOW. I loaded the soap/cream up like I would a hard puck and went to work on my face. This stuff is just really creamy, thick, cushioning, slick and hydrating and practically lathers itself. In a word, fantastic! Shave was great and my face feels smooth, comfortable and moisturized. Even if the scent didn't 100% agree, I will be using this soap often in the future, because.... the lather was that good for me.

I think this is a wonderful product at a great price, and am tempted to buy another with a different scent after only 1 shave (clarification: because I enjoyed the shave and want to try others, not because the scent is that disagreeable to me), though I am saving those pennies for some other toys at the moment.

I think QCS should be extremely proud of the product they're producing, and I for one am glad I showed a small token of support. Great customer service, too. Hand written thank you note, and timely shipping & response to questions. WINNER.

- Jason

Last edited:
i ordered the rose shaving cream soap along with a couple of his bath soaps. i'm looking forwarding to getting them in the next couple of days. anyone have/tried the rose shaving cream?

I took the Key lime out for a test drive this morning and was very impressed, the lather was great and the smell was excellent. I was suprised that I was able to smell the lime as i've all but lost my sense of smell. Great job Matt.

I went for the rose shaving soap and some of the bathsoap. I really like the rose scent, so far I've been using Mama Bear's and Pirates Cove. Always ready to try a new one.

Received my Sandalwood soap yesterday after work. It sat in our mailbox all day and melted, too. It was quite soupy when I opened it. At first, I was kinda concerned becuase I didn't know if it would be an issue or not (if the soap was ruined or if it would be ok), and I wasn't totally sure what the consistency should be since this was my first order. It setup over night into a hard cream (almost like a really soft puck, solid but squishable). So, all is well.

If I were being honest, I'd say that the Sandalwood scent didn't agree with me at first, though not bad. It's growing on me, though... figuratively and literally... the scent has lasted into the noon hour on me, which is about 6 hours, and still going. Nice staying power.

The lather though.... WOW. I loaded the soap/cream up like I would a hard puck and went to work on my face. This stuff is just really creamy, thick, cushioning, slick and hydrating and practically lathers itself. In a word, fantastic! Shave was great and my face feels smooth, comfortable and moisturized. Even if the scent didn't 100% agree, I will be using this soap often in the future, because.... the lather was that good for me.

I think this is a wonderful product at a great price, and am tempted to buy another with a different scent after only 1 shave, though I am saving those pennies for some other toys at the moment.

I think QCS should be extremely proud of the product they're producing, and I for one am glad I showed a small token of support. Great customer service, too. Hand written thank you note, and timely shipping & response to questions. WINNER.

- Jason
Is it a dry, woodsy Sandalwood, or a sweeter mixture? How strong is it? I like the smell of Sandalwood, but so many of the scents are not quite pure. I kinda like the TOBS version, but it is so incredibly strong to my sensitive nose..

Is it a dry, woodsy Sandalwood, or a sweeter mixture? How strong is it? I like the smell of Sandalwood, but so many of the scents are not quite pure. I kinda like the TOBS version, but it is so incredibly strong to my sensitive nose..

A late thought WRT the scent is that with the heat/soupy mixture, I wonder if the heat released the scent very strongly or altered its perception some how. It was definitely "mellowing" this morning vs. out of the box, and was ever more so and pleasant when I got home from work. ... like I said, its growing on me.

It doesn't smell like TOBS sandalwood to my nose, and TOBS has been my favorite sandalwood scent so far in my very limited experience with sandalwood. Sorry to be vague, but I'm definitely not the person to be discussing scents with. :tongue_sm I only knows what I likes and what I doesn't.

If you're curious (which I was) and feeling adventurous, for the price, you might as well pick one up and find out if you like it or not! ... or take one of each! :thumbup: I think you'll like the lather regardless. Customer service was good. I'm sure if you asked someone at QCS (or PMed mretzloff) for a description / help in picking out a scent, they'd be more than happy to walk you through it.

- Jason

I recently ordered the rose and lavender soap. Not only are the soaps outstanding(smell great and require very little to get a bowl of lather) the customer service was great. He actually delivered them to my house the next day. Will definitely order again.

ugh.. I can't believe I'm ordering more cream/soap, but after everything I've heard about the key lime, I simply have to try it.

Top Bottom