What's new

Queen Bee Apothecary

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Being kind of interested in this site, has anyone have any experience / reviews of Queen Bee Apothecary's
Whiskey Shave Cake
proxy.php

Also, it's to bad this soap doesn't have an ingredient list on their site (I sent an e-mail to this is Vendor and am waiting for a reply...more to follow). :001_unsur

BTW, is this a tallow or glycerine (melt-and-pour) based soap
proxy.php

Shaving Brush.png
"Treat your skin to sometime fabulous". Queen Bee Apothecary Slogan

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Gents:
Received a e-mail reply from Heather (Owner), in regard to a ingredient list;

"We use a blend of palm, coconut and olive oils - all vegan...no tallow. These are not melt and pour, they are process soaps made with lye (???)".

Hmmm...may have to look into this a little closer. :001_rolle

Shaving Mug with Brush.jpg
“Happiness is in the [shaving soap] that sweeps away the [uncertainties] of your heart”. Mort Walker

Last edited:
Ehhhhh, sounds like a body soap to me. Only olive oil shave soaps I've seen that work well are from established shaving soapmakers.

Especially since they make an effort to point out the addition of bentonite clay.

Last edited:
DESCRIPTION
A natural shaving alternative, like no other. This is a very different approach to shaving, it is NOT designed for lather, but makes a creamy barrier between the skin and the blade, so that the blade can get to the hair. This works well on face, legs, underarms and more "sensitive" areas.

INGREDIENTS
Organic Aloe Leaf Juice, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Extracts of St. Johns Wort, Chamomile Flower, Calendula Flower , Yarrow Flower & Geranium, Caprylic Capric Triglycerides, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Gluconolactone, Allantoin, EcoCert Sodium Benzoate, Lanolin, Fragrance Oil

My gripe may be a minor one, the name Queen Bee Apothecary, I was hoping it had ingredients with bees wax. I know it's minor, but I was hoping.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Gents:
After thoughtful reflection (considering the ingredients...I still can't image a soap with lye [its caustic, right
proxy.php
] in it), I also elect to pass on this soap. :blushing:

Shaving Brush with Soap.jpg
“What is elegance? [Shaving soap, brush, razor] and water”! Sir Cecil Beaton

I would assume the listing of lye is because lye was used in the manufacture, and there isn't any left in the final product. Just an assumption, though.

Top Bottom