What's new

Quasi-Semi-Sort-Of Ambi?

I just finished my first go with the Sanguine I got from Gilgamesh (the member, not the fabled character) and was slapping on my homemade sting factory when I got to wondering:

Being a lefty in this world pushes you either into awkward twisting, holding reaching moments (quite lethal too, sometimes, it seems. Apparently, lefties live a whole lot shorter lives on average) or you start doing some things with your right hand.

I write and play baseball left handed but I put my watch on my left wrist (think about it). I do archery right handed but I can shoot a rifle or pistol or play pool with either hand and, about this thread anyway, shave with either hand with equal facility.

What do you other lefties do? What about the rest of you? I got to thinking about it and I can't even picture doing a whole shave one-handed.

Lemme know. Best reply gets a prize.

- John

Last edited:
My grandpa just turned 80 and he's a lefty. He's hard core-lefty, he lost his right arm in an accident when he was 13.:biggrin:
I shoot pool left handed, well both, but way better lefty. I've made a few bucks on the old line "I could beat you left handed":thumbup: Pretty much right handed for every thing else. I go ambi for straight shaves, but for some reason have never tried with DE or SE.
I don't know why, but when I lived on a third floor apartment in Arizona, I would string all the grocery bags around my left arm to make one trip up the steps. The right gave me more control to put the key in the hole, I guess.

Well, it's been a couple of weeks and your response is the only response, making it the best response . . .

Still a good story. PM me with what shaving cream or soap you would like to try off of Rasage Poulin's website.

Congrats

- John

Missed the initial post. I'm not a lefty, but shave with both a DE and a straight using both hands. I found I could see better and also get a better blade angle switching hands for different parts of the face.

I'm another lefty here... and I tend to use a DE with only my left, while with a straight I'm able to switch between hands fairly easily. In other day to day things, I also wear may watch on my left, use a mouse right handed, and play golf right handed. Pretty much everything else is strictly lefty for me.

Well, it's been a couple of weeks and your response is the only response, making it the best response . . .

Still a good story. PM me with what shaving cream or soap you would like to try off of Rasage Poulin's website.

Congrats

- John

I'm up for extending the contest, and you very generous offer, but if I must... (clicking new tab... pulling up Rasage Poulin... Wow, D.R. Harris sets are only $89.99:lol:)

I'm right handed but use both hands for a straight. Usually just the right for DEs. Oddly enough, I always use a mouse left handed, with it set to normal right handed buttons. I was a programmer before we had mice and when I got the first one it made sense use the left hand for the mouse, leaving the right for writing notes. These days I can't work a mouse with my right hand!

I can also play snooker and pool left handed when needed for ease of aiming. I put my semi-ambidexterity(!) down to playing guitar, banjo, mandolin and squeezebox for many years.

Never figured out why a right handed guitarist does all the clever stuff with the left hand!

Gareth

I'm left-handed, and do everything left handed. Exceptions: playing the guitar, using a computer mouse, and shaving the back of my neck (using a mirror).

I was at a party recently, and ended up sitting with a group of people I knew . . . . as it turns out, we were all left-handed. Explains why we all laughed at each other's jokes. Lefties really do think differently.

Andy.

Accepting on behalf of your grandad, have a look on the Rasage site and have a pick of the soap or cream of your choice.

Congratulations.

-John

right handed but use both hands when straight shaving. find myself carrying heavier and more groceries on the left arm/hand than right, also being into water skiing/wakeboarding i tend to do my most aggressive cuts and jumps going across the wake to the left with the left hand and arm doing most of the work. run across a few people who thought i was left handed because i do not always default to grabbing stuff with my right hand and tend to do things in the kitchen with either hand (no cutting left handed though).

I'm ambi, but my right is dominate. Other then writing stuff on paper, they are about equal in skill most of the time

Top Bottom