What's new

Quality watch in a $25-$100 price range

Hello everyone. I know this is a large price range but I am on a budget and am looking for a value minded, yet quality watch. I am looking for something with a black face, gold surround. I am not interested in a certain brand so I am open to several brands. I am looking for something classy, dressy, simple. It can be a wrist watch or a pocket watch. I like shiny and satan finishes. Thank you for the help.

I really like guess watches in that price range. I have two of them and they take a beating and keep good time.

This is an idea of what I am looking for. :)

proxy.php

Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I've bought a number of watches from ebay in that price range that I knew were not A1 quality but that look marvelous and keep perfect time. Brands such as Claude Valentini and Kraug Bauman. I've actually had people ask me about these watches and compare them to the Tag Heuer they picked up cheap in Barbados for 800 bucks. The chrome is wearing off the one I have worn the most for the last three years but really it does not owe me any more service.

Timex has a few nice looking basic models that fit in nicely with the picture you posted. The EASY READER looks fine to me.

As you progress in life you will find time to appreciate a little reward to yourself as you pass a hurdle, make a killer presentation, get married. This is when you buy a quality watch, a nice pen, nice briefcase, a custom rescaled straight razor, a deluxe . . . whatever . . . hope you go for the quality and value more than flash . . . but that's just my value system.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you, I am interested in quality for the money, band for the buck. As you can see by that picture, I am looking for something understated, clean, not flashy. I am use to Walmart $10-$20 watches. The bands fall apart and it just looks cheap and feels cheap...yet it still gives you the time and does what it is sapose to do. I was thinking about the Timex easy reader as well. :)

This isn't a dark watch with gold trim, but I was in Costco yesterday and saw a Skagen in stainless with the woven stainless band they use for $40, and another, their titanium model, for $79, I think. People here seem to like 'em, and they're both certainly dressy enough for almost any occasion.

If I had $25 to $100 to spend on a watch I`d be looking for a circa 1970`s pre-loved Seiko, good watches that have stood the test of time well and still have plenty to offer new owners. Most parts are still available, almost any competent watchmaker can service or repair them. Good luck with whatever you buy!

Stephen.

I see many product lines moving away from gold colors. Fossil is another name brand that I have found in that price range with some very dressy watches that will keep time. Fossil and Guess both have very good warranties on their watches.

Here is one from Fossil but no gold but is very regal with a SRP $85.

proxy.php

I am visually impaired so I need something easy to read. This is why I am looking for reverse contrast such as a black face, a blue face, etc. Every time I have tried a stretch band they always pull the hair on my arms. I am looking for a leather band or a braclet style band. I do not want to go digital because many of the large display digital watches look bulky and tacky.

That is a nice looking watch. I like the stainless steel idea, it will not fade or chip, etc and it will clean up if it ever got scratched. I have heard of these Seiko fives but had never seen one. What makes them so nice? What is the self winding? Does it work off of your arm motion? :)

Try Invicta watches.. They can be had on the shopping channels or Amazon very reasonably. I am very happy with mine.

Go to Amazon and look at Seiko and Orent. There are lots of very high qality watches in you price range in both quartz and automatic (I believe there are explainantions of the difference between automatic or self-winding and quarts on Amazons website). The Inficta looks good but I have no experience. I have owned Seiko and am currently wearing an automaitc Orient watch. Both are a lot of wach for under $100!

Dave

Thanks for the great ideas. I have found a Citizen that I like as well as a Pulsar locally. I am just window shopping right now. :) I am looking at watches now so I know what I want when I get the money to do so. I really like the Seiko five series as well.

Top Bottom