What's new

Quality shaving is a gateway-drug

You know how politicians talk about marijuana as a "gateway drug"? I.e. after smoking yourself stupid in college, you are necessarily going to start mainlining heroin, mugging passers-by for money to support your habit, and eventually end your miserable life in a hail of police-gunfire? Somtimes I think getting started in quality wet shaving is like that.

First you start out with a few creams and a razor. Next thing you know you have enough stuff to shave the entire population of Missouri 10 times over. That isn't so bad. This morning I was paying attention as I went about my routine. My shower stall is filled with stacks of fragranced shower gels and soaps like some toiletry Stonehenge. On my bedside table there is an array of scented hand creams, lip balms, etc that would rival a department store display. The other day I was looking at a $150 hair brush on a web site, and I don't even brush my hair. Sometimes I think I should just tithe 15% of my income to online vendors.

There is no real point to this post, only my rant. Thanks for listening. :tongue_sm

My Goodness Scotto! I did not know it was that bad.:001_unsur You need to buy some neat stuff and go post in the Score.:wink2: You'll feel better then. Creams, the opiate of the cleanly shaven? Hmmm. Certainly a catchy line.:idea:

Of course. My post was tongue in cheek, but it is amazing how the mania can spread to other things from shaving.

First you start out with a few creams and a razor. Next thing you know you have enough stuff to shave the entire population of Missouri 10 times over. That isn't so bad. This morning I was paying attention as I went about my routine. My shower stall is filled with stacks of fragranced shower gels and soaps like some toiletry Stonehenge. On my bedside table there is an array of scented hand creams, lip balms, etc that would rival a department store display. The other day I was looking at a $150 hair brush on a web site, and I don't even brush my hair. Sometimes I think I should just tithe 15% of my income to online vendors.

Wait, there's more...you just got your first straight!

Randy

Scotto,

Eventually when you do end your miserable life in a hail of police-gunfire, does your wife has clear instruction to sell all your stuff at discount on this forum? It will be a great idea to put it to paper. Just in case…
:001_tt2:
JRT

Remember the codicil, I get the Eau de Badian!! BTW, have you ordered your honing microscope? Actually a scanning beam electron microscope will allow you to see the alignment of the atoms! Boy talk about getting a good edge and for only a couple a mill!!!:arf:

Top Bottom