What's new

Quality Humidor that won't break the bank.

Hello all,

I just recently started enjoying cigars enough to where I need to get a humidor so I can properly store my premium cigars at home. I'm looking for something that holds between 25-100 cigars. 150 at the very most. I know a good box has Spanish cedar inside but that's all I know and there are so many options on Amazon it's hard to know what good and what's not as a noob. Any certain brand names to look for or stay away from? Thanks.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Are you interested in the aesthetics of the box at all? If looks are a secondary concern do a google search for "coolerdor" and "wineador".

I would like the box to be somewhat handsome as I would like to leave it on my desk in my office. But I will check those out, thanks.

Years ago I got an "unfinished" Humidor which I was able to get at 1/2 the price and it has been great. I need to do a Google search, since this was pre internet and I have no idea who made it

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I've had good luck with the humidor I picked up on cheaphumidors.com . It's my primary "reach for a cigar" box. My longer term storage is in coolidors.

Truth be told a freezer ziploc with a couple Boveda packs would be sufficient, but look really bad displayed on the desk.
That's actually what I have right now. I have about 15-20 cigars in a gallon bag with a Boveda 69% pack in it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have a 150 count humidor that I never use, because I only keep around 30-50 sticks at one time now that I use a pipe. It's easier to keep humidity levels consistent, if the humidor is filled with cigars for it's proper size. I now keep my cigars in this, with jus a couple of Boveda packs.

clearacrylictobaccojar.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
If you decide to go with the Xicar humidification beads, don't be an idiot like me and throw away the lid. I have been out of cigars for a few weeks (I don't buy often), and I can't seal my jar back up.

I have a 150 count humidor that I never use, because I only keep around 30-50 sticks at one time now that I use a pipe. It's easier to keep humidity levels consistent, if the humidor is filled with cigars for it's proper size. I now keep my cigars in this, with jus a couple of Boveda packs.

View attachment 809671

I'm so glad I clicked into this thread this morning. This is a brilliant idea that I'm gonna steal lol. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hirsute

Those jars also are excellent for storing infused cigars separate from your regular stock, or as quarantine for new cigars before you introduce them to the family.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Those jars also are excellent for storing infused cigars separate from your regular stock, or as quarantine for new cigars before you introduce them to the family.

I know it is debatable in many circles, but I don't quarantine individually purchased sticks. I visually check em for mold and bug holes and then freeze em for TB Larvae. I have never experienced an off cigar doing this?

Hirsute

I know it is debatable in many circles, but I don't quarantine individually purchased sticks. I visually check em for mold and bug holes and then freeze em for TB Larvae. I have never a experienced an off cigar doing this?

Yep, different paths to the same end. I don't freeze my cigars, and I don't have to worry about high temps where I store them, so once there's in my house, I do a 2 week quarantine and then we're good to go.

I know a lot of guys freeze, a lot of guys quarantine, and a lot of guys do both, but I suspect the most important part of the process is something we think do--inspect the sticks when they arrive and look for mold and bug activity.

I ended up going with the Boveda acrylic humidor. Stores 20-25 sticks. I keep two Boveda 69% packs on the bottom underneath the tray and have a small digital hygrometer inside so I can keep track of temp/humidity. Works great so far and was about $90 for everything.

Top Bottom