What's new

Quality Cigar Humidors

Gents, I am considering saving up for a good humidor cabinet. Something with a high stick count...300+. I know I could get a coolerdor or fridgador or similar, but I'd almost rather not even bother. I want a piece of furniture.

Any recommendations? Brands? What do you have/what are your experiences?

Diamond Crown. Mine is about 8 years old, has held up very well through two moves, and maintains humidity perfectly with minimal management on my part (which is key for me, because I really don't smoke cigars very much any more). And it's beautiful.

Save your money and use a coolerdor. They hold temp and humidity much better than wood.

Get a large cooler. Let it age to ensure it's finished outgassing. Ideally, use one that's already a few years old.

Get some heartfelt 65% RH beads. There's a calculator there to figure out how much you need.

Heartfelt Industries, Heartfelt Cigar Humidor Humidity Beads, Heartfelt Beads, Humidors, Quality Cigar Accessories

I use my 150 stick tabletop for my singles and my coolerdors for boxes.

Not sure where you live but consider this. The humidor temp HAS to be kept at 70 degrees F or less. Any higher and you risk hatching beetles.

I live in CT and in the summer we have the AC keep the place at 74, too warm for the humidors. That's when I move them to my basement where the temp stays around 65 in the summer. Winter, it's back upstairs where all rooms are kept at 70F.

Last edited:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence

I would save up for this myself. Im currently using a NewAir with Cedar Inserts by Forest. I purchased it on a scratch and dent sale from them. All of my stock boxes are sitting in huge Container Store Tupperware with Bovedas. I would really like an Aristocrat if I bought anything nice.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have a Berkeley from Prestige 150 count table top I don't use anymore since picking up the pipe. I only smoke the occasional stick now and find the 20 single sticks I keep, fare much better in an air sealed acrylic jar with a Boveda pack over trying to keep the relative humidity stable in a almost empty humidor.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Davidoffs are nice, and would likely be a heirloom if taken care of.

Top Bottom