What's new

Quality belt?

My leather belt is on its way out. I've had it for about 25 years and worn it almost daily. I picked it up at a leather stall in a farmer's market for about 20 or 25 dollars and that market no longer exists. I'd like a replacement that will last me another 20+ years if possible. I'm looking for a flat leather belt in brown with silver buckle for daily wear with mostly jeans. Anyone care to recommend a vendor that makes a good sturdy belt? I know I'll pay more for it but I'm fine with that if it will hold up. Thanks in advance.

Anson Belt & Buckle. First heard about them in a video by Aaron Marino on YouTube. No holes so no worn out look. Just trim to size and you're good to go. A little pricey but very worth the investment. I got two of the gift boxes (which are actually a great deal, you basically get a free belt with the combinations available). One casual, one dress. Working great so far.

Last edited:
Nearly ten years ago I ended up buying tooling leather for making horse saddles inorder to make myself available good belt with a nice solid brass buckle. After other projects, I have enough left over for 3 more belts. Just about everything sold these days are cheaply made laminated trash.

I have a couple of belts I purchased from Milt Sparks Holsters. http://www.miltsparks.com/belts.php The belts are heavy, double layer leather meant to hold a pistol holster so they are very rigid in cross section. The one I wear most I've had for 8+ years of almost everyday use and I anticipate it will last for the remainder of my life. They are expensive but you should never need another belt. Mitch Rosen also makes a quality belt although I've never ordered one. http://mitchrosen.com/products/belts/

Zach's Gunbelts. Athens, GA. Will last you for decades. Wanna kick it up one? Andrews Leather. Tad spendy but the best belt I have ever owned....ever

I've got a couple of Milt Sparks double leather gun belts. One with the sharkskin overlay, which seems indestructible. Their belts support their holsters really well, and I believe they make the best IWB holster known to man, the Versa Max II. That is the good news, the bad news is, unless you're wearing an IWB the double leather is quite a bit stiffer than a single piece. For a more comfortable feel I'd would suggest a standard belt rather than the double. YMMV

My old double-layered belt from Filson lasted me 20+ years, and is still going strong. My new one I got for Christmas (in a smaller size), and will last the rest of my life.

Daltech Force makes gun belts that are stylish enough to wear everyday. All are custom made in Fremont Indiana and start at $39.

Top Bottom