What's new

Qshave gap settings

Hi all. I find this forum informative so I thought to jump in with my questions and experience.
I got back into DE shaving and for now I’m using a Qshave adjustable. I found a chart for blade settings on the Murker Future and Rex Ambassador, but can’t find one for the Q. The Q is supposed to be like the Murker but I think the settings are not the same. I’ve been bouncing around settings 3-4 to see if the settings would be the same as non-adjustables.
The razors that interest me are the Rex Envoy, Razorock GC84 and Razorock Mamba72.
Sure would help if I knew if settings I’m using on the Q is similar to the razors I’m interested in.
Regards
House Boy

Can't help you on the settings, but my Q-Shave "Futur" is quite aggressive, even at lower settings. There are some videos on YouTube (mainly from the same guy) who shows how to adjust it even more, etc.

Weishi is another Chinese company that has a Futur style razor. Maybe you can search that company and see if there's anything that will help you there.

Welcome to our Forum!

Thanks for reply canes, really appreciate. I’m feeling the same. Setting 4 with some blades can make my jaw line and neck feel slightly irritated during the day even using an after shave balm. 3-3.5 is the honey spot. So maybe the Mamba or the Rex might work.

I wanted to mention that a few weeks back I received a massage that 3-4 setting on the Qshave would be equal to the Rex Envoy.

The Q Shave is a decent economy shaver. Known issues are over- and under-clocking, i.e., your settings may differ depending on who assembled your razor on which day of the week.

All this to say, it is problematic enough that a comparison chart with the Q Shave is pretty meaningless.

I would agree that if you find 3-4 comfortable on the Q, the Envoy should be no issue, as the Envoy, and either RR product, hold the blade much more securely.

The Q Shave is a decent economy shaver. Known issues are over- and under-clocking, i.e., your settings may differ depending on who assembled your razor on which day of the week.

All this to say, it is problematic enough that a comparison chart with the Q Shave is pretty meaningless.

I would agree that if you find 3-4 comfortable on the Q, the Envoy should be no issue, as the Envoy, and either RR product, hold the blade much more securely.

Owning the real McCoy, I once ordered one of those Futur clones to see how they compare.

One observation was that the quality control (precision) of the original was just not there.
I suppose one cannot expect too much from a razor that sells for about a sixth of the price of the original.

B.

Last edited:
Morning Rob, thanks for chiming in. My feelings are the same with the Q and a reason I'm looking for something of better quality. Depending on the blade I'm using, #4 on the Q can be a little irritating afterwards and that's just using the weight of the razor to do the work. Using #5 is really pushing it for me and have to dial it back, I guest I'm a delegate flower. That being said, the RR Mamba.70 or GC .84 might be a coin toss on which one to get my hands on. The upside to the RR razors is that I can just get a different head and base plate.
I really like the Mamba but if it's close to the #2-3 on the Q that might be milder with less blade feel, I like a little blade feel.

Owning the real McCoy, I once ordered one of those Futur clones to see how they compare.

One observation was that the quality control (precision) of the original was just not there.
I suppose one cannot expect too much from a razor that sells for about a sixth of the price of the original.

B.
I can't argue with what you wrote. I didn't do any research on the Q before I bought it. A friend suggested I get back into safety razor shaving and after using his Q on #3, in the shower and using an old can Barbasol cream I was impressed. I daily shave so I see and feel the good and bad with the Q.

Top Bottom