What's new

Qshave Futur clone review.

Just received this today, here are my thoughts. Btw ive never shaved with a real futur or a clone before.

1. Thus thing is super slippery, to the point it was annoying. Luckily it never slips out do to the indents where the shaft gets smaller.

2. The head easily gets under nose hairs. The blade is actually mounted higher then my red tip and can reach the hairs easier. The slim is still slightly better tho.

3. The audio feedback is like twice as loud as my gillettes. Made it very difficult to just if i was cutting close enough. This is just a learning curve thing.

4. Some minor finish issues, nothing huge and mostly inside the razor. Doesnt bother me.

If this razor had knurling it would be an awesome razor, rather then a very good razor.

This razor feels like a mustang cobra vs my Ferrari gillete slim. Plenty of power, but just doesnt handle as well and not as precise feeling. Overall it feels high quality.

Im glad i didnt drop $60 bones on a futur, this razor saved me. For $8 i would buy again. Even $25 it be worth it.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Great review. I have a hard time with slippery handles, so I'm probably out.

Kindly,
Adam

just got one of these myself. I have 1 minor plating flaw on the underside of the top cap and one on the inside the base plate but nothing on the exterior. Given the price and that it comes with a pack of personnas the quality is more than acceptable. Personally I have no issues with the grip and I shave in the shower. I'm undecided on this razor as I only have a couple shaves with it, but it performs as expected having read a number of reviews about the futur. Shipping was a little under two weeks.

well i realized i totally forgot to shave my side burns, so i whipped out the Qshave again and noticed something really disappointing. As i flipped the razor i noticed my attack angle were quite a bit different.

I adjusted the blade, reinstalled, but no matter what i do the blade gaps are always different. Pics will show best.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Looks like real futurs have this issue too. I followed the disassembly and flip my spring and it automagically fixed the gap issue mostly.

I purchased one recently and am quite happy with it, no flaws in manufacture at all. Gap looks good and everything is solid. Yes it's a bit slippery but otherwise no issues.

As someone already said for the price it's a steal, I am ordering a 2nd one.

-Stephen

I got one a couple of weeks back and it's super smooth and efficient. Mine doesn't have any finish flaws but I paid the extra $1+ for name engraving so perhaps they picked out a nicer one because of that. I had a very minor blade alignment issue but I can wiggle the removable top cap a fraction of a mm and it sets right.

I'm really impressed with the QShave blades they sent. Titanium coated, made in USA. Anyone know what they are?

I got one a couple of weeks back and it's super smooth and efficient. Mine doesn't have any finish flaws but I paid the extra $1+ for name engraving so perhaps they picked out a nicer one because of that. I had a very minor blade alignment issue but I can wiggle the removable top cap a fraction of a mm and it sets right.

I'm really impressed with the QShave blades they sent. Titanium coated, made in USA. Anyone know what they are?
They're some kind of Personna. I believe the same as the now discontinued Apache Amsafe.

Can I ask you guys how long it took to receive? I have an email that it shipped but no tracking. Don't know if I should be expecting a week or a month.

I ordered mine Friday May 5th with name engraving, was shipped May 7th, and received May 19th. The tracking info was on the website, not in the email.

Top Bottom