What's new

QEDUSA.COM Purchasing Error

I know a number of you have purchased from qedusa.com, but have any of you run into any SSL problems? Their cert does not match the domain. Not very reasuring.

dustind said:
I know a number of you have purchased from qedusa.com, but have any of you run into any SSL problems? Their cert does not match the domain. Not very reasuring.

I don't even know what you just said. I have placed an order with QED and the only problem I experienced was that Charles put the wrong street number on the shipping label. After the USPS emailed me the shipping info I called and spoke to Charles. He owned right up to his mistake and even went so far as to call my local post office so they could put the correct street on the package before it was delivered. The customer service is second to none. I recommend QED to anyone.

It just means he's not paying for a private cert from his host. No problems with QED. Charles is a long standing outstanding vendor. I'v never heard one bad thing about him or QED.

It does have the look of a classic Monkey in the Middle attack but I think in this instance they are likely just trying to save money on the cert and generated their own.

It is unfortunate they don't have a commercial one though; it rather negates the trust you normally get.

The actually integrity of the connection is still good to stop ease droppers.

The lack of a proper issuing authority just means you can't verify that he is him (as it were) and you can't be certain someone else on your local network isn't tapping into the connection.

Once out on the net this should still suffice.

-Geoff

Have only ordered there once, but would not hestitate to do so ever. Never felt like my information was in jeopardy, and the service is SUPERB!

Thanks for the comments all. I know many have posted good things about QED. Dealing with SSL certs and online CC applications for a living, I tend to be a bit anal about these things. Figured it would be best to ask.

If you are uncomfortable using the site to order you can call him. His number is available on the website.

dustind said:
As you work in the biz, is this the first time you have ever run into this situation?

guenron said:
As you work in the biz, is this the first time you have ever run into this situation?

Not the first time I've seen something like that, but normally if I did I would not purchase from the retailer. But I mentioned before, I had already heard from the BBS that QED was OK. Hence my reason for asking. The main issue is that there are a lot of industry requirements that many online shops don't know about. Retailers must use strong SSL certs and handle CC data properly (according to CISP guidelines) in order to meet the new Card Industry guidelines, or risk being liable for a lot of money.

BTW, I received an email from Charles last night letting me know that he is working on a new site.

"I had already heard from the BBS that QED was OK.

Retailers must use strong SSL certs and handle CC data properly (according to CISP guidelines) "

OIC..
YMMV IMHO, BTW !!
FWIT...
LMFAO:sneaky2:

The QED ordering process was kind of eyebrow raising, but I had no bad experiences and no mysterious orders for crates of chalk from Nigera have shown up on my statements since.

Then again, I did use a single use CC number just to be sure of that! It sure will be nice to have a new and completely useable QEDusa.com!

rikrdo said:
I :em2200: :em2200: BBQ.....BTW!!
IMHO FWIT BBQ is OTH!!

Then I should post pictures of my gigantic Que, that we use to cook up baby back ribs and Tri-Tip! No briquets at our house!

Top Bottom