What's new

QED Wild Rose

After looking at the SOTD event and seeing Joel's review, I'm a little miffed that I don't get to try Charles' version of Rose. My lady has the Rose and Geranium, but I just don't like it. I've just tried a sample of Trumpers Rose and it blew me away and will be my next purchase.

But with all the fervor that people refer to the QED Rose, how come it's not available? Joel mentioned that Charles stated that rose EO is cost prohibitive to use, but hell, I'd pay $20 for a tub of that stuff! Maybe even $25, seeing as how his stuff lasts so damn long! There's no way in hell that it would cost $10 more per tub to make and I for one would pay the difference after trying out his other stuff and finding out the high quality he sells.

Would anyone else be willing to pay $5-10 more for a tub of Rose? Why doesn't this happen?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I know how you feel. I say the same thing about the '62 Corvette.

Try Honey Bee Spa Victorian Rose. Sue makes a wonderful rose scented shave soap. I'm pretty sure that it's a blend of fragrance oils, due to the expense, nontheless, it's enjoyable.

-- John Gehman

I know how you feel. I say the same thing about the '62 Corvette.

Yeah, well, there's a bit of a difference of price and investment for re-tooling the factory.... but hey, who's counting?

While we're at it, can I ask Gibson to bring back the 60's Les Paul's in the original Kalamazoo plant that they no longer own? Worth a shot, right?

John, would you liken her rose to any others? The problem I have with her soaps is that, while incredible lather machines, they kind of lack in the scent department. Would you catagorise it in the "explosive" camp or the "mezzo forte" camp? "Smells just like Rose" or "Smells like rose EO with some woody hints andwhatnot" department?

No disrespect to MB Sue, but Cypher Rose is one soap I could go without smelling again.

The Wild Rose soap is a Fragrance oil and not an Essential oil - so it shouldn't be THAT much more to produce than any other soap, in my opinion.

Zach --

Well, it 'just smells like rose'. Its scent is subdued but quite rich, if that makes any sense. Not a profound scent but very nice. I enjoy it, FWIW.

-- John Gehman

Top Bottom