What's new

QED Shave Sticks!

I know this is old news on this board, but I picked up two of Charles' shave sticks (grapefruit and peppermint, pine and cedarwood). These things are excellent! I thought that there would not be enough lather and I would have to reapply the stick, but I easily had enough lather for 4 passes with plenty left over. The stick made for easy touchups too. Just an outstanding, idiot-proof product. I would probably recommend these to new shavers as they are a great way to try QED soaps without the sometimes hassles of lathering the tubs. Good stuff.

Dennis

Dennis,

I have the pine and cedarwood as well and I love it. However, do you find that your face feels more tight and dry after using that stick than one of the other scents?

Tinzien said:
Dennis,

I have the pine and cedarwood as well and I love it. However, do you find that your face feels more tight and dry after using that stick than one of the other scents?

I'll let you know tomorrow. I did not shave this morning as I was tight on time and I was still passably smooth from the A+++ shave yesterday. :biggrin:

Dennis

The sticks ARE great, I agree. How are you guys applying yours? Stick to the face first, brush to the stick first, ???

I usually do stick to face first, but whipping the brush around on the stick then moving to bowl or face works well too.

As an aside, my face doesnt get dry at all, in fact it gets so moisturized I can easily use an alcohol based aftershave such as Aqua Velva or Pinaud and leave it at that (no balms or creams).

TraderJoe said:
The sticks ARE great, I agree. How are you guys applying yours? Stick to the face first, brush to the stick first, ???

I usually do stick to face first, but whipping the brush around on the stick then moving to bowl or face works well too.

As an aside, my face doesnt get dry at all, in fact it gets so moisturized I can easily use an alcohol based aftershave such as Aqua Velva or Pinaud and leave it at that (no balms or creams).
You might look here.

Tinzien said:
Dennis,

Used it this morning - no drying or tightness effect. Just a great scent and a really close shave per usual with the QED soaps.

Dennis

I love mine. I got the espresso scented one and it smells great! I've only used it for a few touch up so far. So I just rub on my face and build the lather on my face. And I haven't noticed any drying either. just my
proxy.php

Well, I have found one problem with the QED soaps. I get the closest shaves with these soaps - better than any other soap or cream I have used. Last night I still was very, very smooth with only slightly perceptable stubble at almost 11pm after shaving at 6-somthing am. By the next morning, I have fairly light stubble still which I find more problematic to shave and often the shave will be a touch irritating. I have to use a very light touch and a gentle razor. Since QED soaps are not usually in back to back rotation (I only had one tub previously), this has not been as noticeable. But after my first shave with the stick, I skipped shaving the next day, shaved with the Pinea nd Cedarwood yesterday with outstanding results, and this morning I should have skipped again as the shave was not quite as good. An interesting problem, but a good one in a way I guess.

Dennis

Mike02 said:
Well, I have found one problem with the QED soaps. I get the closest shaves with these soaps - better than any other soap or cream I have used. Last night I still was very, very smooth with only slightly perceptable stubble at almost 11pm after shaving at 6-somthing am. By the next morning, I have fairly light stubble still which I find more problematic to shave and often the shave will be a touch irritating. I have to use a very light touch and a gentle razor. Since QED soaps are not usually in back to back rotation (I only had one tub previously), this has not been as noticeable. But after my first shave with the stick, I skipped shaving the next day, shaved with the Pinea nd Cedarwood yesterday with outstanding results, and this morning I should have skipped again as the shave was not quite as good. An interesting problem, but a good one in a way I guess.

Dennis

You are right, they definitely do afford a Very close shave!

Top Bottom