What's new

QED Patchouli/TeaTree/Peppermint thoughts

Hi folks,

I just reviewed the stick in the reviews section- but figured I'd throw up some thoughts on the forum to see if anyone had any feedback...

Well this was an interesting experience for me... Let me preface by saying... it is really amazing how the mind will associate different smells to different events in your past- which will impact how you will feel about the scents...

So...the scent... I got the stick yesterday and opened it, and both my girlfriend and I both smelled it together... This was the conversation that followed:

GF: Well...that's curious- you know what this smells reminds me of?
me: India.. It smells like the luggage people come back with from a trip to India when you put the bags in the car... Or... monks at Palitana (a temple in India)...
GF: Exactly! It smells just like luggage brought back from India!

(BTW- We are both first generation Indian/Americans and our parents immigrated from India)

For anyone that is not familiar with this smell- it is not a bad smell at all- I'm sure most people would say: Woah- that's a curious earthy powerful clean smell... I love it! But for me... I'm already familiar with it... and just have grown not to love that smell over the years because I associate it with the Mumbai airport and the 2 hour walk up a mountain to get to Palitana...

I'm keeping this stick because it gives me a great shave- but every time I use it I won't be surprised if my Indian family/friends have sort of weird looks on their faces and ask if I just came back from India.

I'll have to try this one of these days. I'll need a shave stick for travelling, and Patchouli is OK.

Patchouli is great stuff, I personally like it, though many people don't. In aromatherapy it is suppossed to be uplifting and good for depression- I find it is a good way to start a day and really energizes you. The Kiss My Face Patchouli also has hemp oil, so it's definitely "groovy". I don't find people complaining about the smell much, maybe becaues I think most of it gets washed off. What little that hangs around is a nice dark undertone to whatever cologne I choose to wear.

So does the Patchouli dominate the scent of the soap, with the Tea Tree providing healthy stuff and the Peppermint providing a slight cooling?

(I don't really use soaps but I've been planning on buying the P/TT/P a/s on my next order)

So does the Patchouli dominate the scent of the soap, with the Tea Tree providing healthy stuff and the Peppermint providing a slight cooling?

I would say that all three scents are pretty equally weighted and somewhat distinct. I can definitely smell patchouli, tea tree and peppermint but none really overwhelming the other. The peppermint does give a bit of cooling effect as well.

Dennis

Top Bottom