What's new

QED New Rose Shave Soap

Sorry if I have completely blanked on this one, but is the QED Rose soap (in a jar) that Joel reviewed back in March available for order? For anyone who has it (assuming it is available), is it harsh (i.e., does it burn)?

I am thinking about ordering a new soap and would like to add a Rose version to my shelf.

Unfortunately, no. I too wanted to order the qed rose soap, but after emailing Charles, he said that was an test version that could not be continued secondary to the high cost of the rose eo's. They have rose geranium, but I have been told it has a terrible scent. Hope that helps. I just received the qed lavender and sandalwood soaps plus taylor avocado and trumper limes today...pics to follow on the acquisitions board.

I had a tub of it, and my face burned like the white-hot intensity of a billion suns. :117: Smelled like nothing else, though.

He has "New Rose" scent that supposedly is very good, and doesn't have the burning problem.

water said:
Sorry if I have completely blanked on this one, but is the QED Rose soap (in a jar) that Joel reviewed back in March available for order? For anyone who has it (assuming it is available), is it harsh (i.e., does it burn)?

I am thinking about ordering a new soap and would like to add a Rose version to my shelf.

I had the same question after I read the review, so I emailed Charles at QED to inquire if indeed he sold QEDman Rose. His email reply was:

"There is no QEDman Rose shaving soap being offered at the moment ... however, there are 16 scents available in jar." Charles, QED.

Not really sure what the deal is with it at this point. I would love to have some of it though. Please post if you find out any further info.

I have searched the QED website and do not find "New Rose" listed among his shave sticks and tubs. When I asked him about the Rose sticks he sent me a PDF file which contains his products and their descriptions, but I have since misplaced it. Anyone else have that file?

Hmmm. That rascal Charles must have bagged the "New Rose" also.... Ah well, such is life. You can try Sue's "Savory Rose" if you are dying for a strongly Rose -scented soap.

I was looking through the review section today, saw Joel's review (which makes the QED soap sound very good) but could not remember reading if it was finally available.

I have the T&H Rose cream and thought it would be nice to get my hands on a Rose soap. Anyone care to share a review of Trumper's Rose?

To be honest, I have been thinking about thinning out my collection; basically keeping my Trumper's, and select QED/T&H. Since I may be purging a number of creams I figured there would be no harm to adding a couple of soaps.

This is what Charles told me when I e-mailed him about New Rose in a tub. This was in early March.

We are reformulating New Rose to include Rose hydrosol.

Yes, Rose Geranium is available in 5oz jar for $9.50.

Rose Geranium and Rose are two different scents. Rose Geranium is from leaves of the geranium plant (and herb), Rose is from petals of the flower.

Charles
Q E D

When I asked about a date of release for the New Rose. He said:

In all honesty, I have no idea at the moment. I am working on re-introducing QEDman Bath/Body soaps because I have been under a lot of customer pressure to do so. Then I must do complexion soaps. So at this point I am not certain. Charles

Austin said:
Sue's savory rose is great. One of my favorite shave soaps.

I just got some of this in the mail. I cannot yet vouch for the shave quality, but I really like the smell.

Fellas,
To clear something up, the review was entered into the review engine in March when it was created - however the actual review is about 2 years old. The particular soap I had was actually a "prototype" and was a much more delicate version (skin-wise) and produces ZERO irritation. In fact it is INCREDIBLY soothing. There was a problem with the first "public" batch, but the one I tested/review/currently own/use is not the same beast. The one I have is absolute bliss, and I tend to not use it much so as to save it as long as possible.

Unfortunatly - it is not available to purchase, which is a damn shame. I would have NO problem using this and only this soap every day... hell when I used it, an aftershave is simply superflous.

joel said:
Fellas,
To clear something up, the review was entered into the review engine in March when it was created - however the actual review is about 2 years old. The particular soap I had was actually a "prototype" and was a much more delicate version (skin-wise) and produces ZERO irritation. In fact it is INCREDIBLY soothing. There was a problem with the first "public" batch, but the one I tested/review/currently own/use is not the same beast. The one I have is absolute bliss, and I tend to not use it much so as to save it as long as possible.

Unfortunatly - it is not available to purchase, which is a damn shame. I would have NO problem using this and only this soap every day... hell when I used it, an aftershave is simply superflous.

That is a shame! And that is an understatement! You have now left all us rose lovers wondering what life will be like without some of the best Rose Shaving Cream ever made. Such is life! We'll somehow all get over it...and go forward in our search for the "Creme de la Creme Rose." :wink:

We're all left stranded on "Someday Isle." "Someday I'll" find the perfect shave cream! :tongue_sm

Top Bottom