What's new

QED man Davinci Water

When Charles calls this product a "Soothing aftershave toner" he is absolutely correct! This splendid product is a delight to the senses. A mixture of rosewater and lavender hydrosols, I really enjoy spraying a fine mist of it on my visage until the mist begins to run. It feels really wonderful after a good close shave. It seems to remove any remnants of shaving soap or cream left after the normal hot and cold water rinses. It is a treat to the sense of smell too. The admixture seems to have a synergystic effect that neither rosewater or lavender have by themselves. For me, it lends a sense of well-being shortly after spraying it on.
As you can guess, I really enjoy it and recommend it. Auf Deutsch, wir sagen das ist preisswert, a real bargain! It ranges in price from $3.00 to $7.25, depending upon quantity and bottle/dispenser. I rate this one FIVE SUPER SHARP DEs!

Best regards,
Ron
Trying to relather

Yeah, this is great stuff. For a interesting spin, try Em's "Hydrosol Plus", which is a 50/50 blend of Lavender and Rose hydrosol like the QED, but has some rose and lavender EO's added. This is great at bedtime - the aromas really linger on your face, unlike the QED. Very relaxing.

-Scotto

thanks for the review guys. I have been wondering what this stuff was like, and now i have an excuse to try both!

:)

-Todd

rschul2 said:
Just wondering, What is the difference between Charles' Rose hydrosol and the Davinci Water?
Ah! A good question Randy. The Rosewater hydrosol is just that, Rosewater Hydrosol. The DaVinci Water is a mixture of Rosewater Hydrosol and Lavender Hydrosol.

guenron said:
Ah! A good question Randy. The Rosewater hydrosol is just that, Rosewater Hydrosol. The Davinci Water is a mixture of Rosewater Hydrosol and Lavender Hydrosol.
Thanks for the info Ron!

I use QED Rosewater without fail after my hot water/cold water rinse.

I am not sure which way to go as I'm running out: :confused:

QED DaVinci or the Em's Hydrosol plus. The Em's costs quite a bit more but does have sandalwood EO in it (I'm a FREAK for sandalwood!!).

HlSheppard said:
I use QED Rosewater without fail after my hot water/cold water rinse.

I am not sure which way to go as I'm running out: :confused:

QED DaVinci or the Em's Hydrosol plus. The Em's costs quite a bit more but does have sandalwood EO in it (I'm a FREAK for sandalwood!!).

My $0.02: The DaVinci H20 is great if you are looking for a post-shave toner with a nice scent that loesn't linger long. The Em's is nice as an after shave also, but beware that due to the EOs, the smell sticks around. If you are wearing an EdT, it may interfere a bit. As a refresher, especially on a hot day, though, the Em's is wonderful. I spritz in on at bedtime to relax.

On another note, does anyone else notice that a 50/50 blend of rose and lavender ends up smelling not much like either (to me at least). Strange alchemy at work. It does smell nice, just not what you would expect.

-Scotto

Scotto said:
My $0.02: The DaVinci H20 is great if you are looking for a post-shave toner with a nice scent that loesn't linger long. The Em's is nice as an after shave also, but beware that due to the EOs, the smell sticks around. If you are wearing an EdT, it may interfere a bit. As a refresher, especially on a hot day, though, the Em's is wonderful. I spritz in on at bedtime to relax.

On another note, does anyone else notice that a 50/50 blend of rose and lavender ends up smelling not much like either (to me at least). Strange alchemy at work. It does smell nice, just not what you would expect.

-Scotto
Scotto I agree, and it is almost a magical smell. I am not really into aroma therapy, but DaVinci water, as I said before, provides a real sense of well being when I spray it on. :cool:

I was expecting a lavander scent but didnt find it...strange :confused: Very nice though especially after a long day at work coming in from yard work or something.

Greetings Gentlemen,
After the ensuing conversation I thought I would add this note.
I have three cobalt glass atomizers on my lavoratory:
  • a 2.3 oz Rosewater
  • a 2.3 oz Lavender
  • and a 4.5 oz DaVinci
Anyone wish t guess which I favor? :biggrin:

Florida water is a cologne.

A hydrosol is essentially the water product of the distilled element. It tones and hydrates your skin, feels rather nice. It is best used after shaving, and before the application of an a/s balm.

I have been using DaVinci water for a few days now and REALLY enjoy it. This will become a daily staple for me! Review (and all the updates, etc etc I didn't have time for today, and the DR Harris a/s milk review and pics - to be continued tomorrow!)

:biggrin:
joel said:
Florida water is a cologne.

A hydrosol is essentially the water product of the distilled element. It tones and hydrates your skin, feels rather nice. It is best used after shaving, and before the application of an a/s balm.

I have been using DaVinci water for a few days now and REALLY enjoy it. This will become a daily staple for me! Review (and all the updates, etc etc I didn't have time for today, and the DR Harris a/s milk review and pics - to be continued tomorrow!)
To add a bit of techno jargon to Joel's to the point repsonse:
Hydrosol: (Anybody see my Big Fat Greek Wedding?) Hydro meaning water and Sol meaning chemical componenents in a particular type of solution.
Rose, Lavender, etc essential oils (EOs) are typically made by distillation where at a particular temperature their EOs begin to near their boiling point and are captured through condensation or some other recovery process. Typically there is water in the botton of a cauldron, pot, vat, still, whatever and heat is applied. The rose (usually petals) or lavender (usually flowers and oftimes leaves (bleah!) are steamed via this boiling water causing them to cook. It is this cooking that gives rise to the EOs separating from the flowers. After the EOs are captured and the still is turned off, there remains the water with those (un)distillates that were not pulled off by the captuer process. That water with these remaining goodies constitutes the hydrosol. (Phew!) Now was that more than you ever wished to know about a hydrosol?

i've been hearing so much about davinci water, that i'm going to have to pick some up for myself and see what all the fuss is about!

I've been using QED's DaVinci Water for some time now. At first I didn't particularly care for the scent, but its definitely grown on me to the point where I wouldn't finish a shave without it. As 'gage' does, I also spray some on just before my a/s (usually Trumper Skin Food) and the improvement to the softness of my skin is quite noticable (delightfully so to SWMBO). I got the smallest atomizer of the stuff, and when I run out I'm going to get the large size. Charles has (another) winner with this stuff.

--Mark

Top Bottom