What's new

QED Blossom tea...

Gents,
Charles at QED has some really exceptional teas for sale, and if you are a tea fan, I encourage you contact him and purchase a few samples. Thus far all of the teas I have tried have been superb, and are gorgeous in presentation. In fact, I am drinking them in clear glasses, and it is so interesting/beautiful to watch this...
P1010142.JPG

Turn into this...
P1010139.JPG

P1010140.JPG

P1010141.JPG

The hand wrapped, formed and tied bulbs "grow" into a gorgeous colorful flower, each tye of tea looks/tastes different (some have purple cresanthenum (sp?) flowers, etc). It is really neat watching the little flower pods dance up and down in the water - they call it "Birds over Shanghai."

Incredible experience for the eyes, and palate. Even if you are not much into teas, I suggest you pick up a sample with your next QED order.... I think you'll be very pleased!

Incredible tasting teas.... I have tried hundreds of top quality teas, and these are among the best!

These appear to be a little classier than my typical tea selection of Lipton's with a splash (or four) of Maker's!

I'm definitely going to have to give that a shot Gramps. Earl Grey is my favorite (Capt. Picard jokes aside), but I never considered vanilla.

-Nick

BTW, That was just ONE of the several types Charles carries. I'll try to run over to cost plus world market tomorrow and pick up a cool clear teapot or glass, and post a TODD (tea of the day) :)

I have been enjoying his Jasmine tea. Excellent! You can reuse the same leaves for a second cup with no loss in flavor.

Jim said:
I have been enjoying his Jasmine tea. Excellent! You can reuse the same leaves for a second cup with no loss in flavor.

Good tip! With some teas - you actually throw outthe first steeping and then begin drinking the second and third!

Does it lack in flavor like green tea.........as far as exotic goes that is all I have tried and didnt care for it at all :18:

It is green tea - but it has a very advanced boquet of flavors... I would check with Charles and inquire about purchasing a few samples and give them a go. They are really one hell of a sensory experience.

One thing to remember though, when trying to get multiple steepings out of leaves, especially green tea, water temperature can be crucial. While an Earl Grey might like a rolling boil, some gentler teas like greens will turn slightly bitter if the water temp is too high, making multiple steepings unpleasant, of course, some people like the bitterness.

I thought I would bring up the oldest thread in The Barber Shop.....it's over eleven years old!!!

The Good ol days of B&B.....when we ran a little bit wild and no so politically correct....We even had a great discussion about "What if Hitler won the war in Europe"......and some other hot topics....

The Barbershop was the place that you could talk about anything and later on it started to become subdivided into all the other non-shaving forums we have.....what's humorous, years ago, one guy sadi "I came to learn to shave but I stayed because of the Barbershop."

Joel asked me to be a Mod on Day2 of B&B.....wow....that was a few years ago.....He told me that I did a great job....I;m still waiting to see my retirement check.....

any one for tea ???

Mark! Good to see an original post here. And I still have some of QED's Jasmin Pearl tea hoarded away in the freezer. I know what you mean. I hit my tenth year here last March. While many things have changed I still visit this site more than any other. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I thought I would bring up the oldest thread in The Barber Shop.....it's over eleven years old!!!

The Good ol days of B&B.....when we ran a little bit wild and no so politically correct....We even had a great discussion about "What if Hitler won the war in Europe"......and some other hot topics....

The Barbershop was the place that you could talk about anything and later on it started to become subdivided into all the other non-shaving forums we have.....what's humorous, years ago, one guy sadi "I came to learn to shave but I stayed because of the Barbershop."

Joel asked me to be a Mod on Day2 of B&B.....wow....that was a few years ago.....He told me that I did a great job....I;m still waiting to see my retirement check.....

any one for tea ???
Shortly after I joined we had a member who started one thread wondering what aftershave Hitler wore. Then another on what AS Rommel wore. I quipped "I don't know, but it probably smelled like getting you butt kicked across Europe by Patton's 3rd army. I don't think we had any more Nazi queries after that, and I got a great PM from a certain long time moderator that I still have.

Over the years I have been a member of several forums. With that said, this is the only forum that I have remained active in. The reason is simple, the mods. At times there has been criticism saying that the forum is too strict. I have to disagree, with all the discord on the net this is one of the few places you can visit and not be attacked. The most heated discussions center around Williams or Mitchell's. Thanks to all the mods and especially Joel for keeping this site up and running.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Shortly after I joined we had a member who started one thread wondering what aftershave Hitler wore. Then another on what AS Rommel wore. I quipped "I don't know, but it probably smelled like getting you butt kicked across Europe by Patton's 3rd army. I don't think we had any more Nazi queries after that, and I got a great PM from a certain long time moderator that I still have.

A few years back someone tried to recreate that aftershave but they ran into legal problems as the formula had been Pattonted.

Top Bottom