What's new

QED Bay Rum Review

You can check out the review posted here

This is just a super-de-dooper scent. I love it.

Can I get some love from the congregation? :biggrin1:

My understanding from prior correspondence with Charles, is that the base soap across the board is all the same and that the diffierence is the fragrance. Therefore, if you like the lather and such for one you'll like it for all QED. In every case the fragrance is from an esential oil. I'm a bit fuzzy on the essential versus fragrant oil difference--but what I believe in my simplistic way--is that frangrant oil can be more irritating but have the advantage of lingering if that is desired.

On that not, I really don't want my shaving soap scent to linger--that's colognes job. I just want the moment of aromatherapy while shaving.

In any case, QED shaves are second to none. I can't imagine a true criticism of Charles products.

This is one of my favorite shave soaps. I just love the smell of bay rum that Charles uses and of course it gives an awesome shave.

On a side note, people with sensitive skin beware. The soap can be extremely irritating to you skin.

unfortunately, the bay rum irritated my skin. Great lather, perfect bay rum scent (IMHO), but a little irritating. This is one of the only products that has irritated my skin... I'm bummed because I really love that scent. I'll have to try one of his kinder, gentler soap offerings.

Drew

Used the Bay Rum this morning---love it.

I think essential oils are of natural origin, fragrant oils artificial. But I'm not sure...

Charles only uses essential oils and in large amounts. While this makes his soaps smell great, they can also irritate some people's skin. I have several of his soaps and some of them do give me a little tingle or heat, including the bay rum. I love the smells and the shaves, so I continue to use the QED soaps, but rotate them with others. Of the QED soaps I have, I find the lavender and bergamot to be milder than the bay rum or sandalwood (the sandalwood is my absolute favourite soap and only causes very slight irritation). He also sells an unscented soap.

Has anyone that has experienced sensitivity with the ever considered cutting the scented soap with the un-scented? If the base soap is the same then all it should do is dilute the EO. That would, of course, cause the scent to be somewhat diminished but possibly not too dimished.

I'm just throwing that out as a possible idea for those people that really like the scent but are unable to use the soap as it is now.

www.qedusa.com

The web site is tricky to navigate but Charles' service is excellent. I would give Charles a call or send him an e-mail to really get a handle on what is in stock.

Awesome, thanks. I've actually been to that site before looking for his stuff, but I didn't see a place where he was selling his own stuff. This time I dug deeper and found it. Thanks a lot!

Awesome, thanks. I've actually been to that site before looking for his stuff, but I didn't see a place where he was selling his own stuff. This time I dug deeper and found it. Thanks a lot!

LOL, Charles isn't exactly known for his fantastic web site... :biggrin: But his products are awesome and his service is impecable...

Look on the left hand margin and click on Other fabulous toiletry products. Then you will see a secton for QEDMan that is the soaps he offers. You have to get the order form and manually put in your order, just shoot him an email and he will send you the link to order it.

Look on the left hand margin and click on Other fabulous toiletry products. Then you will see a secton for QEDMan that is the soaps he offers. You have to get the order form and manually put in your order, just shoot him an email and he will send you the link to order it.

Found it. Thanks. This website is hardly laid out for web sales.

Top Bottom