What's new

PW Akkerman

strop

Now half as wise
I know Akkerman inks get some talk here, but are largely not available, primarily because they are not so much a brand as they are a single store's signature ink, in a signature bottle. I suspect the store may be better know to our continental members across the pond.

I was recently looking around for a specific pen. I found it available at several places, but even with shipping from The Netherlands, they turned out to be the most economical choice, especially since I split the shipping with a colleague of mine. I couldn't be happier with my choice of vendors. The communication was excellent, and service top notch. I think they may even rise to the legendary reputation of the Goulets when it comes to packaging. I don't think I've ever received a pen that was gift wrapped!

$20151001_191125.jpg$20151001_191413.jpg$20151001_191629.jpg$20151001_191720.jpg

strop

Now half as wise
Not included is a picture of the tape wrapped around the bottle to seal it.

Attachments

• $20151001_195932.jpg
    $20151001_195932.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 108
  • $20151001_200002.jpg
    $20151001_200002.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 108
  • $20151001_200039.jpg
    $20151001_200039.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 109
Spectacular pen. Absolutely amazing. I wish I had more Pelikans.

And I have to get my hands on some of that Akkerman ink.

saw pictures of the pen and packaging on the Pelikan facebook page and thought it was a pink pen! Your photos show it to really be a pink pen!

Gorgeous. :D

When they were available I ordered some of their larger sizes, 6 oz I think as size is not labeled. Packaging from Holland was outstanding.

Last year i gots some of the smaller 60ml size from Vaness in Little Rock,Ak and again packaging was the same.

i like the bottles as it has a moving "marble" stopper inside the neck that allows you to invert the capped bottle any when it is turned back the upper portion of the neck is filled with enough ink to fill several pens without having to dip the pen way down into a bottle, not that you could do so with this bottle. The also appear as a stylish inkwell.

That bottle, incidentally, is called a codstopper bottle. And for those who just want to try the ink and don't necessarily care about the bottle (which is really no one I've ever encountered, lol), it's just repackaged Diamine ink.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Allegedly :001_tongu

Yup, internet lore. There are enough behavior and color differences for me to believe they're different.

I'd be willing to change my mind if I see some substantive proof, until then -- "allegedly".

strop

Now half as wise
I haven't used them enough to have an opinion, but really it is all about the bottle for me.

I haven't used them enough to have an opinion, but really it is all about the bottle for me.

I bought a couple of samples and while I am not sure what there alleged counterparts are supposed to be I find the Akkerman inks to feel very flat, no shading or sheen that I noticed.

I did buy one bottle at the DC pen show....mainly for the bottle.

Top Bottom