What's new

Putali Slant

Hello,

Saw this on Amazon and well you know how this story ends. Looks like a Wunderbar clone similar to the GBS one. It seems better quality.
I believe it’s made in India maybe by a Parker contractor. It’s shown with Shark blades.
Is anyone familiar with this razor? Will post review when it arrives. Eye candy and link below.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KV5NL6M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers
John
BD636864-1B13-4680-B727-BBB04599D6EF.jpeg

What! First they steal the Stealth design and ship it out under a bunch of different names and now they clone the name of the famous razor manufacturer - Punktal.

I actually own one of those Stealth clones and it is massive and heavy, probably trying to clone the stainless steel versions. I posted a comparison pic in my recent post last night:
P1030285.JPG

Yes, it is that massive (larger than the original Wunderbar), and you really need to watch out for blade alignment because when not seated properly, one edge of the blade may stick out inside of the end support making it dangerous to shave with. Making sure of proper alignment, it is a very smooth and efficient shaver. Just make sure you work out your arms and shoulders in a gym daily because you will need the muscles just to lift the razor to your face.

BTW - I got the $15 one listed below it with the fake leather carrying case.

What! First they steal the Stealth design and ship it out under a bunch of different names and now they clone the name of the famous razor manufacturer - Punktal.

I actually own one of those Stealth clones and it is massive and heavy, probably trying to clone the stainless steel versions. I posted a comparison pic in my recent post last night:
View attachment 937108

Yes, it is that massive (larger than the original Wunderbar), and you really need to watch out for blade alignment because when not seated properly, one edge of the blade may stick out inside of the end support making it dangerous to shave with. Making sure of proper alignment, it is a very smooth and efficient shaver. Just make sure you work out your arms and shoulders in a gym daily because you will need the muscles just to lift the razor to your face.

BTW - I got the $15 one listed below it with the fake leather carrying case.

Wonderful comparison!! And TERRIFFIC REVIEW!! :a14::a14:

I know nothing about them, but for $19 I figured I find out more and ordered one.
Worst comes to worst I'll pif it if I don't like it.

Hello,

Here are some quick pictures to show razor quality. Mine had a damaged spot on plating so I will exchange it. Blade line up seems ok. I suspect some blade line up may be required.

I’ll wait till I get replacement before shaving with it. It looks like it will be a efficient shaver. More to come.

Cheers
John
ABF646AF-FBA9-4F5A-AD3E-63B1216AFA7F.jpeg
C49D8FB2-B6DF-4AF7-A218-E37BCB984C6C.jpeg
E36DA3C9-ACD5-4958-9340-D769CB24A3F7.jpeg
C877D2C9-3CCC-4E25-AFD4-0980FEABBCCE.jpeg

Hello,

Here are some quick pictures to show razor quality. Mine had a damaged spot on plating so I will exchange it. Blade line up seems ok. I suspect some blade line up may be required.

I’ll wait till I get replacement before shaving with it. It looks like it will be a efficient shaver. More to come.

Cheers
John
View attachment 937286 View attachment 937287 View attachment 937288 View attachment 937289

Hello John,

Thanks for your sharing, looking forward to your shaves with it.

Samuel

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Hello,

Cheers
John
View attachment 937286 View attachment 937287 View attachment 937288 View attachment 937289
Nice pix! How bad was the damage in the plating? Do you have a pic of that?

Actually, I think this is an excellent price and I am going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Hello
I did get the replacement razor. It was much better than the other one. It wasn't acceptable because of plating flash. I returned it. Blade alignment was good though. I was being very picky though.
Amazon returned it no questions asked.
It's worth a shot.

Cheers
John

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Hello
I did get the replacement razor. It was much better than the other one. It wasn't acceptable because of plating flash. I returned it. Blade alignment was good though. I was being very picky though.
Amazon returned it no questions asked.
It's worth a shot.

Cheers
John
Thanks. I just ordered one from Amazon based on your post.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Hello,
Congratulations. How is the fit and finish? The photos look really good.

Cheers
John
Hi John,
For the price, about $22, fit and finish is more than acceptable. And so was the first shave. BBS in two passes with Arko soap and Bevel badger brush.

Top Bottom