What's new

Putali Slant

R

romsitsa

Funny how they didn’t get rid of the surplus material under the slanted bars, it’s only needed for bakelite/plastic versions.
Anyhow, is the handle brass? One piece solid or multi piece hollow?

Thanks

Adam

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Funny how they didn’t get rid of the surplus material under the slanted bars, it’s only needed for bakelite/plastic versions.
Anyhow, is the handle brass? One piece solid or multi piece hollow?

Thanks

Adam
Don't know if it's a copy of a bakelite or the Razorock Stealth.
The handle is heavy, probably plated brass.
Nice balance though.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Awesome! Warning, slants are addictive.

Cheers
John
I know how addictive slants can be. I only have one other so far -- a Maggard slant head on a WCS stainless stubby handle.

Attachments

• DSCF0006 - Edited (4).jpg
    DSCF0006 - Edited (4).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 26
I got one Friday and had my first shave yesterday using Vikings Blade blade instead of included Shark one cause I have sensitive skin and short hard facial hair and got great shave without irritation. It could be just my perception but I think that one side is a little more mild than the other one. The workmanship is good for a $20
For a past few weeks I was tempted to get either Merkur 39c or Maggard Slant but reading that slant razor is more aggressive than Open Comb so I was hesitant to get them since I can't return them and I don't know how easy it will be to sell them and how much will I lose if successful. Since you can return it I gave it a try and don't regret it and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in trying the slant razor. Yes it is heavy with a longer handle and I really like it for my big hands
Now I even more curious if I should get 39c and if it worth extra money

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Merkur slants are probably the best bang for the buck. I have a 37c (currently about $45). but I have normal size hands and prefer shorter handles for maneuverability.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
I comtinue to be amazed at the mild and efficient shaves I get with this inexpensive Putali slant.

DSCF0167 - Edited.jpg

I shipped it back but now owm Ikon X3 and ATT S2. I also have 37c and I like it but I will need either sell it or trade it for 39c

Hi,

I've been sooooo good in not buying random shave gear this year. Now I've ordered a new razor again!

I will need to explain this to SWMBO, (she doesn't really mind, but she will laugh about not "being able to stop when I want"). Maybe because I've never tried a slant before, this could be for Science?

Received mine today and attempted a shave loaded w/ a Gillette Platinum(3). It was so smooth, I didn't think it was cutting anything. Swapped the blade back out and into my Pearl L-55 OC.

Will load it with a Feather for the next shave and see what happens.

marty

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Received mine today and attempted a shave loaded w/ a Gillette Platinum(3). It was so smooth, I didn't think it was cutting anything. Swapped the blade back out and into my Pearl L-55 OC.

Will load it with a Feather for the next shave and see what happens.

marty
Congrats. I've had good luck with an Astra SP

DSCF0001 - Edited.jpg

I loaded it w/ a brand new Feather and it totally changed the attitude of the razor. W/ the Gillette Platinum, I could barely take any hair off. W/ the Feather I was blown away.

I have never had a Feather blade feel that smooth. I had auditory feedback from the blade and it seemed i was just wiping off the hairs. 2 passes only and I had a BBS shave. This slant is truly amazing!

marty

I am going to resurrect this thread because today the wetshaving YouTubers just reviewed the latest plagerism job from Global Shave Club, The Diablo Slant. And I kid you not, the razor, which they want 29.99 (intro price) for is none other than: Drum roll plewse: THE PUTALI, presently on sale for 12 bucks on amazon. 😐

Looks like trash.
I agree, I hate foreign knockoffs. It definitely is a rip on the Stealth and while not sure of what it is made of (zamak?) it looks awful close up.

Not speaking ill of any of the buyers here, I love experimenting with new razors too.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
The head is Zamak and the handle is brass. it's very mild for a slant, but it was worth a try back when I startes accumilating slants.

DSCF0001 - Edited.jpg

I saw it on YT; that head looks massive. Now the question: is it any better than
1) Merkur 37
2) RR German
3) Fatip Slant
4) PAA El Fantasma

I will never buy anything from Global Shave....

Top Bottom