What's new

Put baystate blue in my pen. and this happened

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Did it get hot? I see you're still holding it. Mine was too hot to hold, I dropped it and it burned a hole through the floor.

Does anyone know what is the chemical makeup of modern inks? What in the world is actually in Baystate Blue that cause that result? It's obviously something different than others. People claim other Noodler's inks have cause problems. I wonder what' in Noddler's that is unique to the brand. Why is there not similar results when the ink is bottled or put into a sample vial? I've never had any problems, and I have documented my like for Noodler's inks.

If I wanted to go about back and mix up a batch of ink, what components are in it other than some sort of pigment?

Legion

Staff member
Does anyone know what is the chemical makeup of modern inks? What in the world is actually in Baystate Blue that cause that result? It's obviously something different than others. People claim other Noodler's inks have cause problems. I wonder what' in Noddler's that is unique to the brand. Why is there not similar results when the ink is bottled or put into a sample vial? I've never had any problems, and I have documented my like for Noodler's inks.

If I wanted to go about back and mix up a batch of ink, what components are in it other than some sort of pigment?

It contains pheromones that attracts predators.

Im not totally sure what happened, I filled with the ink, went to work, came home and the pen was like that on
$IMG_20160405_211243.jpg
her bed.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
:a47: I thought that your ink problems were with your cat? Now it's pens and inks with your dog! I only wonder what other types of madness occurs when you're not making a tutorial video. :tongue_sm

It's a bummer about the pen, though.

at least she didnt crack the barrel, and the shut off valve was intact so only the nib in the feed was there, the nib is fine and was not injested

Top Bottom