What's new

Push Button Popping Open?

I took my push button out for a couple of shaves over the week-end. The first one went fine, great actually. On the second one, the top popped open part way through. I figured I must not have pushed the button all the way when I closed it, so I put the blade back in and closed it up again. A couple of minutes later, it happened again. I repeated the process, paying super close attention to pushing the button all the way in. Yup, it popped open again a couple of minutes later. I put it away and finished the shave with my ATT Kronos M2.

So, does this happen with any regularity? Does it mean that the push button mechanism on mine is starting to go and I should find a replacement? Or does it mean that I am just a total klutz who can't get the thing closed correctly?

I can’t say for fact if it happens regularly but I suspect it does. I own two and one pops open like yours. I suspect it happens because the mechanism has been bent slightly. My guess is maybe shaving cream/soap has gotten inside, hardened and then when the button was pushed(maybe forced) the mechanism was slightly damaged. If you find a way to repair(I cant figure a way) post it please.

My guesses:

1. Try cleaning it thoroughly with repeated soaks in hot soapy water, while working the mechanism back and forth.

2. Failing that, try squeezing the area adjacent to the push button with a strong heavy pair of pliers or a vice to increase friction in the area near the push button. Cover the area with heavy rags or old heavy towel to prevent scratching.

If that fails to correct the problem, I would junk the razor, because its popping open during use is not acceptable! A replacement would be inexpensive, and it's a nice razor to own and to use.

Good luck on the repair. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom