What's new

Push back from the holiday table support thread-2016

Thanksgiving is now over, but all of the holiday parties have begun. If you're like me, you put on pounds for the next 30+ days, but would prefer not to. Let this thread be the place where you can talk about the party you're going to in advance, those bowls full of cookie dough in the fridge, the baking trays with warm cookies, that half gallon of egg nog in the fridge, the half full bottle of wine on the counter....you name it. Come here to ***** about how good you were at the party and feel totally frustrated that you couldn't enjoy it. We've all been there and are going through it too. Vent and get a little support in return.

On my target list, the December 11 "Cookie Party" we attend every year at a friend's house. Lots of cookies, beer, wine, punch and hors d'oeuvres. For 3 hours. I'm steeling myself for this one already.

No more cheat meals for me until Christmas day, when my wife and I have our traditional pig-out at a Chinese restaurant.

I've lost, as of this morning, 31 pounds in five and a half weeks. Got a lot more to lose. Trying to stay on track this time of year is tough.

To me, this time of year is all about catching up with people who we haven't seen in a while and that means eating and drinking too much. Apart from being sensible at the table, my best course of action is to eat soup and salad on the other occasions.

Stay strong!

I find it helps to not look at it as the holiday season. It's really just three days: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. If I eat sensibly those three days, and treat all other days as normal, then I'm in good shape. Easier said than done, of course, but that's how I approach it. :001_smile

Top Bottom