What's new

Pure sandalwood shave creams?

Not long ago, I bought a small bottle of pure Mysore Sandalwood essential oil. Smells nothing like ToBS (which I happen to like), or Proraso Red, but does smell almost EXACTLY like Geo F Trumpers Sandalwood shave cream.

Not long ago, I bought a small bottle of pure Mysore Sandalwood essential oil. Smells nothing like ToBS (which I happen to like), or Proraso Red, but does smell almost EXACTLY like Geo F Trumpers Sandalwood shave cream.

I am not sure why TOBS chose to name their scent Sandalwood. It really is a complex cologne type scent. There are a lot of other soaps that are far closer to a sandalwood scent.

I am not sure why TOBS chose to name their scent Sandalwood. It really is a complex cologne type scent. There are a lot of other soaps that are far closer to a sandalwood scent.

The closest smell for me that would compare to ToBS Sandalwood is the old barbershop my dad took me to when I was a kid. Probably why I like it.

Just to note that Australian Album (from root-stock of Mysore S. Album) is commercially available.

There's multiple species that are called sandalwood, all smelling very similar.

The Australian oil I have is very good, and also not expensive. You definitely don't need Indian sandalwood to get a pleasant sandalwood scent.

Top Bottom