What's new

Punishment Proof Gillette and Barbasol Ad from 1930.

Cool find! I like how the barbasol ad underneath touts ditching a brush as a selling point. It’s so odd how things come full circle.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
1930; so. The stuff to use with your new NEW. :001_tt2:

Be interesting to find an unopened tube ...

AA

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
And he did not get paid for the endorsement, would not happen in this day and age.

Don’t forget that new fangled word processor by Corona. Ahh, I can smell the mimeographed copies now.

Cool find! I like how the barbasol ad underneath touts ditching a brush as a selling point. It’s so odd how things come full circle.

Next time you shave with any shaving cream in a tube ditch the brush and simply apply it with your fingers rubbing it thoroughly in your stubble and forming a super lubricating paste like the old Barbasol did.
You will be surprised at how much better it performs compared to using a brush.

I ran across this today, not sure where they're going with it.

Screenshot_20181203-230814_Gallery.jpg

Next time you shave with any shaving cream in a tube ditch the brush and simply apply it with your fingers rubbing it thoroughly in your stubble and forming a super lubricating paste like the old Barbasol did.
Inspired by this ad, I dug out my Palmolive cream in a tube and used it this morning, just as you suggest. It was very slick. Maybe I didn't use enough on my initial application, as I had to re-apply after the first pass, and then again for the touch-ups. But I got a fine shave with it and my '56 Red Tip armed with an Astra SP blade.

We were told in From Russia With Love the novel that part of Bond's kit was a tube of Palmolive shave cream. (The cap, we're told, had been tricked out by Q Branch to hide the silencer for his Beretta, so not exactly an off-the-shelf product.)

I've had pretty decent results using Proraso red this way!

Top Bottom