What's new

Pumpkin Spice Spam

Yes, according to Hormel, this is really going to happen this year. No, I won't try it for two reasons:

1. Spam and Treat Meet gives me headaches.
2. Pumpkin Spice Spam? Umm...I'll pass.

Sounds good to me. I'll give it a try if I see it at the supermarket.

I don't eat spam very often due to the sodium content, but it's very good when fried up and served on bread with a little mayo. Pumpkin spice may or may not go with it, but I've discovered enough odd food combinations that worked to be open minded. Bacon and banana sandwiches work. Gorgonzola works on tacos and on gingerbread. Kool Aid pickles are okay. Maybe pumpkin spice spam will be the next great thing. You will never know if you don't try it.

I don't eat spam very often due to the sodium content, but it's very good when fried up and served on bread with a little mayo. Pumpkin spice may or may not go with it, but I've discovered enough odd food combinations that worked to be open minded. Bacon and banana sandwiches work. Gorgonzola works on tacos and on gingerbread. Kool Aid pickles are okay. Maybe pumpkin spice spam will be the next great thing. You will never know if you don't try it.

The release date is supposed to be September 23, 2019. Walmart is supposed to be carrying it.

I make fake meatballs from mushrooms, oatmeal and eggs.
I put mayonnaise in ramen.
I make peanut butter & gochujang sandwiches.
I make ravioli stuffed with mashed prunes.
And much more that would freak people out.

You can make a safe guess as to whether or not I'll try some holiday-spiced Spam.:302:

If you like cloves and cinnamon on your baked ham, it shouldn't be too much different:
There's no pumpkin in this pork: It's mixed with cinnamon, clove, allspice and nutmeg, according to the spokesperson.
Pumpkin Spice Spam is coming. Could this be the start of the fall-pocalypse? - CNN

If it shows up in the stores, I might give it a try; but, one source says:
Pumpkin Spice Spam will be available to purchase online only beginning September 23, 2019 at walmart.com and spam.com.
https://www.foodandwine.com/news/pumpkin-spice-spam

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
If you like cloves and cinnamon on your baked ham, it shouldn't be too much different

I don't know about that, man. Spam has about as much in common with a baked ham as Tang has in common with freshly squeezed orange juice.

And this version is not for me. I'm not a big fan of Spam in the first place--a watery, super salty, loaf of something with little flavor. Don't get me wrong, now, I've eaten quite a bit of potted meat in my life and enjoyed it, but Spam is particularly bland. It doesn't at all bother me that Spam is out there, and it certainly doesn't bother me that plenty of folks like it. "Eat, and let eat," says I. I've also been more than happy to have a hunk of Spam while camping or backpacking or something like that, but it's not something you'll find me tucking into at home.

Adding "pumpkin spice" to it makes it no more appealing. If anything, I'm less likely to go for it. I'm much more likely to go for one of the other currently available versions. I must admit that some of those others even sound good.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

You can bet I'll be bringing some to my family Christmas party!

It was released yesterday, and I missed my chance to buy it, because it sold out within hours. I'm disappointed that I don't get to try it, but hopefully there will be more.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Spam...its not good fried, baked, sauteed, roasted or smoked. We used it as bait when fishing and caught lots of spam fish. We threw them back those too.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I may try it...if it's sold at the local store. Not ordering it, doesn't sound that good but ya never know.

Spam...its not good fried, baked, sauteed, roasted or smoked. We used it as bait when fishing and caught lots of spam fish. We threw them back those too.

Hey, I like Spam, but it needs to be fried. I also like Vienna sausages, straight outa the can. Used to pack a can in the coat pocket while out deer hunting.

proxy.php

FarmerTan

I may try it...if it's sold at the local store. Not ordering it, doesn't sound that good but ya never know.

Hey, I like Spam, but it needs to be fried. I also like Vienna sausages, straight outa the can. Used to pack a can in the coat pocket while out deer hunting.

proxy.php
Simon1, you are a man of good taste. In my opinion anyway....

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Simon1, you are a man of good taste. In my opinion anyway....

Thank you, my good man.

I also like smoked oysters, but you need a bottle of Tabasco. It is easier to carry the bottle in a belt holster rather than in you pocket.

proxy.php

proxy.php

FarmerTan

Thank you, my good man.

I also like smoked oysters, but you need a bottle of Tabasco. It is easier to carry the bottle in a belt holster rather than in you pocket.

proxy.php

proxy.php
The one time I had oysters they were steamed? with butter. Good though. We don't get 'em a lot in Michigan.

Top Bottom