What's new

Puma and Tiger razors, and the mindset of a straight razor collector

Interesting history. Didn't know about the Tiger, Puma connection. I would love to have one eventually. They do look classy.
An older gentleman at an antique shop told me he had a Puma with a display case (with a lot of other straights) made for the German SS.

...Just between you and me, don't tell anyone, Swedish razors are garbage. I strongly advice you to sell yours before the scam is revealed.
If it is on an internet forum then it must be true.:cornut:

It’s been some time since Arne posted this informative piece but I thought I would share some of my Tiger razors.

I’m not a collector but I do know what I like the Tiger 27 was my first and oh my what a exceptionally smooth shaver it is for me. That led to my seeking and searching for others to compliment it. So I was fortunate enough to find two others the 37 and 39. All are great shaving tools in my shed and the Puma’s I own as well compliment each one of them.

CEEA7E26-0928-4C34-B62C-5A905F15E24B.jpeg

338A0C3F-4BAB-4B66-AB41-5507036BEBAB.jpeg

In respects to Arne’s recent post about quality. These vintage razors by Friedman & Lauterjung are top notch IMO

IMG_4545.jpg
Here are a few others I have not seen many of through the years. The larger 1937 is a little over 7/8...Not sure I have ever seen another Puma 19?

I think I have one of the exceptions. No. 63, Stainless, creme colored scales, Spanish point? I have several razors, this one shaves different than all of the others. Feels like blade is sticking to face, but it cuts cleanly and more quietly.
View attachment 998857 View attachment 998858
Razors are a bit like shaving soaps; there's no totally objective truth. I don't have the Puma 63 5/8, but I am very happy to own the 6/8 version of it and I find it to be among my very best razors. Then again that's just my personal opinion.
Puma63.jpg

Top Bottom