What's new

Pulled the trigger on a pair of Nicks

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Soooo... my boots are approaching a year. Since they are more of a casual boot for me, they don't get the working boot wear and tear. They're fully broken in at this point and feel pretty sweet. I love how my back feels so much better just standing in them. I added the dress false tongues in the Summer:
After almost a year, the soles, heel, welt, uppers... are laughing at the wear I'm putting on them.

That said... I am sad to report that Nicks has stopped taking custom orders. They'll still do the custom fitting + build, but I can't put together a unique boot with different upper, sole, heel options. Have to go with a menu item. I'm a bit upset as I was ready to pull the trigger on my next pair inspired by this Taft boot:

British tan leather toe and heel, rough out (instead of the fabric shown on the Taft) uppers dyed navy blue, Danite sole Dogger heels. I would go for the 10" height this time too.

So..... off to look for options.
That's sad. But you have great taste!

Soooo... my boots are approaching a year. Since they are more of a casual boot for me, they don't get the working boot wear and tear. They're fully broken in at this point and feel pretty sweet. I love how my back feels so much better just standing in them. I added the dress false tongues in the Summer:
After almost a year, the soles, heel, welt, uppers... are laughing at the wear I'm putting on them.

That said... I am sad to report that Nicks has stopped taking custom orders. They'll still do the custom fitting + build, but I can't put together a unique boot with different upper, sole, heel options. Have to go with a menu item. I'm a bit upset as I was ready to pull the trigger on my next pair inspired by this Taft boot:

British tan leather toe and heel, rough out (instead of the fabric shown on the Taft) uppers dyed navy blue, Danite sole Dogger heels. I would go for the 10" height this time too.

You might look at White’s. They seem to be increasingly adventurous. I know they’re very well made, as I have three pair of them.

OldSaw

The wife's investment

Looking good.

I was wondering about the custom builds, as I haven’t seen them on their website, but remember seeing them in their catalog.

FarmerTan

Every time I see those Taft boots you posted I get boot envy. Man those are some beautiful blue boots.

Every time I see those Taft boots you posted I get boot envy. Man those are some beautiful blue boots.

So the Taft Jack boots are leather in the toe and heel with wool uppers. I want the tan leather in the toe, heel, and the pull tab but want deep indigo dyed rough out for the uppers with high heel, high arch design, dogger heels probably. After wearing high heel, high arch boots, I can't go back to the service boot (Iron Rangers and such).

I went to see a local cobbler on Friday about getting this boot made.

FarmerTan

So the Taft Jack boots are leather in the toe and heel with wool uppers. I want the tan leather in the toe, heel, and the pull tab but want deep indigo dyed rough out for the uppers with high heel, high arch design, dogger heels probably. After wearing high heel, high arch boots, I can't go back to the service boot (Iron Rangers and such).

I went to see a local cobbler on Friday about getting this boot made.
PLEASE keep me (us) posted on how it goes. If I don't end up with a pair of my own, at least I can live vicariously through you!

Top Bottom