What's new

Pu'er: The Gold It's In The.....

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Come on, my friends,
Let's make for the hills.
They say there's gold but I'm looking for thrills.

(What album? No googling.)

There's an old saying among gourmets/gourmands (The difference? Their weight!): first we taste with the eyes.

The color of a cup of tea can be a wondrous sight to behold. It can range from almost completely clear, tinged only with the slightest hint of green, to a deep ruby red, to an ink-like black. Most of the shengcha I've tried recently falls into the amber/orange category. It has been suggested that many factories help this along.

Where can I find a pu'er that brews a nice cup of gold?

For the best Pu'erh you'll have to go to Beijing. My brother in law gave me a "cake" of finest Pu'erh that's supposed to cost somewhere around $1200 :eek: Normally this tea was brought by hand to the emperors court. I haven't had the nerve to brew a cup from it yet :blushing:

The Album is Pink Floyd's Obscured By Clouds is it not? As for golden tea... I think some of my 12 gentlemen were quite gold. If I re-brew the one I am thinking of I will most certainly let you know

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
For the best Pu'erh you'll have to go to Beijing. My brother in law gave me a "cake" of finest Pu'erh that's supposed to cost somewhere around $1200 :eek: Normally this tea was brought by hand to the emperors court. I haven't had the nerve to brew a cup from it yet :blushing:

Thanks, but I'll wager $1,200 that it doesn't brew gold.

Top Bottom