What's new

Public Restroom Pigs

I have to pipe in here. The womens room has to be way more disgusting than the mens.

+1,000,000 I share a co-ed bathroom at work with a couple of otherwise normal females. But sometimes that bathroom... <shudder>

And also agree +1,000,000 on the lack of hand washing, too... :huh:

I have to pipe in here. The womens room has to be way more disgusting than the mens. I am still trying to figure out how a womens toilet has more urine on it than a 3 yr old boys. The majority of women do not wash either. If they do it seems as if they think water over the hands for 3 seconds counts as washing.

I have to think that many women don't actually make contact with the toilet seat to pee. They must squat and pull their undies forward to go.

In addition to the mess around the commode, I also don't understand why the floor around the urinals are all wet. Lets face it, most present with a fairly wide target to hit yet so many that I use, particularly in airports, are surrounded by "liquid" on the floor which I can only assume is urine. What are these guys doing, standing three feet away and trying to arc it in?

A scene from the movie, HERO, shows Bernie (Dustin Hoffman) and his son (James Madio) peeing in a restaurant men's room together, and Bernie complains about having to stand in pee when using a urinal.

And also agree +1,000,000 on the lack of hand washing, too... :huh:
I'm not exactly germaphobic, but whenever I have to exit a public restroom, I always pull my sleeve down over my hand before I pull the door. Who knows what kind of icky things might be lurking on that doorknob?

At the office, where many businesses share common rest rooms, at least half of the commodes at any time have not been flushed.
My grandfather taught me that when using a urinal in a public restroom, always flush BEFORE, so that you can urinate into clean water.

That was the funniest thing I've read on the boards...ever!:w00t:

you wouldn't be laughing if you had to see a chunk of fecal matter stuck to the rim and inside of a toilet bowl all day long :9898:. you'd have to call in an exorcist just to get rid of the stench

HA, I thought about a few comments to add.

Here in Afghanistan we have a choice of Porta Potties (which are ALWAYS nasty) or walk further and use bathrooms built out of connexes with actual porcelain bowls in them. But these bowls have kind of a weird "shelf" to them, when you go it doesn't hit the water, it sits on a shelf the trick to this shelf is you must build a "boat" so when you flush it floats down to the hole in the front. If you forget or don't have time to build said boat, your work will NOT go down. There are many people here that still have not grasped the idea of the boat.

Back to the Porta Potties, these are used pretty much only for number 1, reason being is the loacal Afghans that work in the bases use them, and they have some sort of tradition where they do not sit, but they STAND on the seat and squat down, and their aim is not very good. Oh yeah and if that isn't bad enough, apparently our showers resemble their bathrooms and they like to go in there as well.

after being here, I'm pretty sure I can go in most of the truck stop bathrooms in the states without too much trouble.

Shawn

Here in Afghanistan we have a choice of Porta Potties (which are ALWAYS nasty) or walk further and use bathrooms built out of connexes with actual porcelain bowls in them. But these bowls have kind of a weird "shelf" to them, when you go it doesn't hit the water, it sits on a shelf the trick to this shelf is you must build a "boat" so when you flush it floats down to the hole in the front. If you forget or don't have time to build said boat, your work will NOT go down. There are many people here that still have not grasped the idea of the boat.

Back to the Porta Potties, these are used pretty much only for number 1, reason being is the loacal Afghans that work in the bases use them, and they have some sort of tradition where they do not sit, but they STAND on the seat and squat down, and their aim is not very good. Oh yeah and if that isn't bad enough, apparently our showers resemble their bathrooms and they like to go in there as well.

after being here, I'm pretty sure I can go in most of the truck stop bathrooms in the states without too much trouble.

Shawn

I've seen those toilet bowls with shelves in the Netherlands. Perhaps some of our Dutch friends can explain them!

I've just come back from a folk festival and their chemical toilets were immaculate. The companies that supply them seem to be getting better at cleaning.

My daughter actually organises festivals and orders these chemical toilets. Being a Doctor Who fan, she calls them the Turdis.:w00t:

Gareth

Memorable sign over urinal, at a general aviation airport.

" If your pitot tube is a little short, please taxi closer to the urinal. The pilot coming in for final approach after you, may not be float plane rated."

Memorable graffitti seen on bathroom wall of a Sam' Club

" Please flush twice....it's a long way to the Cafe'

Shawn

The shelf is more common in Germany I believe, AFAIR it is for the examination of your stool...... i.e. see how well your body is... hmmmmmm.

http://www.banterist.com/archivefiles/000212.html

Tom

Worse so than men. A friend of mine is the maintenance manager for a local mall. There has been 100% consensus among those that work there that women are far filthier in the stalls than men.

SWMBO complains about this too, women's restrooms always have pee on the seat in her experience.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
While I am in no way excusing these pigs, I have found that the businesses that maintain clean facilities, have those facilities treated with a little more respect, than those that have a pretty lax attitude when it comes to cleaning.
This is no excuse for some of the things I have seen in public restrooms.
I am sure there are exceptions to this, just seems to be a trend I`ve noticed locally.

This is absolutely right on. There is a language to peoples' actions. However, the act of not lifting the toilet seat to urinate seems to be an exception to the rule and I'm wondering if some men were taught this way when they were children.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
They're the same ones that "do what needs to be done" and then suddenly develop a severe allergic aversion to the manual use of soap and water. Disgusting.

...and then the door opens IN, so you have to pull the handle right after they leave. They seem to have a propensity to want to eat right away also and start perusing the snack area or head to the buffet.

Worse so than men. A friend of mine is the maintenance manager for a local mall. There has been 100% consensus among those that work there that women are far filthier in the stalls than men.

As a person who worked as a dock boy for a large retail store in college at one point (meaning we also had to clean the store), the women were worse period. I can't even begin to tell you what I cleaned up in dressing rooms, women's dressing rooms. While I loved that job, I was very happy to move to the sales floor and avoid cleaning up after women.

Michael

OldSaw

The wife's investment
NO ONE WANTS TO SEE YOUR BEST WORK TODAY. FLUSH!

YOU'RE NOT IN YOUR THIRD WOULD COUNTRY ANYMORE. FLUSH!

JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T DO IT AT HOME DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULDN'T DO IT HERE

CHIMPS CAN BE TRAINED TO FLUSH. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not exactly germaphobic, but whenever I have to exit a public restroom, I always pull my sleeve down over my hand before I pull the door. Who knows what kind of icky things might be lurking on that doorknob?

My grandfather taught me that when using a urinal in a public restroom, always flush BEFORE, so that you can urinate into clean water.

Less icky things then on your money........ I watched a discovery health special on the dirtiest things we come into contact with each day. Keyboards and money were far worse than anything in a normal public restroom. I think the main point of the special was that we are almost too clean today and it is bad for our health.

Michael

Top Bottom