What's new

Public Opinion Aggressiveness Poll: Above The Tie (ATT) M1 vs Weber Polished Head

Which razor head feels/behaves more aggressive to you?

• Above The Tie (ATT) M1

• Weber Polished Head (PH)

• The difference seems like less than 5% to me

• I haven't used both

• I'm not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Assuming the same handle is used for all three (EJ DE89/Weber PH/ATT M1) the shave is almost identical. Very little difference between the three.

I could shave with the Weber every day. I cannot normally even finish a shave with the M1 or the M2. No contest for me. ATT much more aggressive.

Owning both I was pleasantly surprised to find out how smooth the ATT M2 actually was. Slightly smoother IMO than the Weber. However, I had to work harder around the upper lip area due to the OC design. Because of its smoothness and comfort the M2 could easily be my daily razor.

Last edited:
This is probably my favorite of the current aggressiveness polls because it highlights the difference between blade gap and blade exposure.

From our Wiki at:
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Double-Edged_Safety_Razors_Ranked_by_Blade_Gap

Plus this thread:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/407600-Weber-s-Polished-Head-Blade-Gap

The Weber has a blade gap of somewhere between 0.61mm and 0.81mm

While the ATT M1 (standard/safety bar) razor has a blade gap of just 0
.25mm ... and yet its blade exposure still puts it apparently at approximately the same level of aggressiveness as the Weber.

Personally, I'm suspecting the differing opinions on which is more aggressive stems either from possible manufacturing variances in the Weber (see the thread above) ... and/or from shavers' differing technique/skin/stubble determining if the gap or exposure is the more significant factor of aggressiveness for him/her.

Thoughts?

All I know is an EJDE89 is my favorite razor and a weber rips my face apart. I want to try an M1 but don't know how it would work for me.

IMO the M2 feels smoother than the Weber PH. Based on what I've read so far; most agree the M2 is noticeably smoother than the M1.

Last edited:
I'm voting for the ATT M1, but there's not a lot in it and I nearly voted for "It's within 5%".

Both razors remove my stubble more or less equally well, but the Weber seems to do it more gently than the M1. For me it seems that blade exposure affects aggression more than blade gap.

In case you can't see the poll itself, the options are:

Which razor head feels/behaves more aggressive to you?

- Above The Tie (ATT) M1 standard bar (SB) head
- Weber Polished Head (PH)
- The difference seems like less than 5% to me (the seem equal to me)
- I haven't used both
- I'm not sure

Please feel free to vote in the replies here if you prefer (but don't vote in both ways). Indicate a reply-vote with something like, "MY VOTE: Razor X is more aggressive to me"

Also, a complete list of related aggressiveness polls can be found here:

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Mode...olls_being_used_towards_refining_the_rankings

Not currently as my reseach seemed to indicate that the M1 was a good 1.0 higher than the EJ89. Do you think I should add that as a new poll?

There was a recent thread where a lot of people were saying it was more mild but then other threads were people say it is more aggressive. I think it would be a good comparison since the DE89 is a pretty popular razor almost everyone has tried.

I own a Weber and have been debating an M1 but wondered if it was really worth the price difference. Generally speaking I've read that the M1 is more efficient than the Weber and that aggression is a bit of a toss up. I think the poll would have been more interesting if efficiency was the measure. I will admit to be surprised by how even the results are.

I'm reading this data as the average Weber PH is about equal in aggressiveness to the average ATT M1 for the average shaver.

Currently 4 votes for ATT M1, 5 votes for Weber PH, and 5 votes think they are equal).

If you disagree, please vote fast! This poll closes in less than 18 hours!

Last edited:
Final results are in!

WEBER ~= ATT M1

I'm reading this data as the average Weber PH head being usually thought of as about equally aggressive to the average ATT M1 for the average shaver (4 votes for ATT M1, 5 votes for Weber PH, and 5 votes think they are equal)

Thank you to all who voted! :thumbup:

Top Bottom