What's new

‘Public bathroom’ morning shaving

Hello gents,

From Monday I’m starting a new role which will bring about a significant daily routine change. Currently I work in the afternoon so I can shave at home mid-morning, head to work and then do a gym session on the way home.
From next week I’ll be up early, into the gym first thing and then head to work. Given the gym has showers I’ll use those, but are there any suggestions to reduce my shave time so as to not hog the facility too long?

I’ve been starting to face lather in recent weeks, and I’m considering shaving whilst showering?

Any other ideas or experiences that might assist?

Thanks,
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A synthetic brush, cream or quick lathering soap and razor (with the blade already loaded) is your ticket. Smoosh a snurdle of cream onto the brush, make a lather on your face, shave. Rinse and repeat. That shouldn’t take much longer than a cartridge and canned goo shave.

And don’t forget to give the other men a knowing, superior look when they notice your cool brush and DE razor. Just swagger away like Don Draper.

I would think shaving at the sink would not tie up the shower longer. And might be more hygenic for you but that's a guess.

Face lathering for me is quicker, maybe two passes vs three might help if the gym is very busy. Or if not go for the third.

I'm less likely to get ticked at a guy using the sink to shave vs somebody taking for ever in the shower (not knowing they are shaving).

I should clarify, it’s a small gym that has two single person bathrooms/shower. So it’s just you in there, with shower, sink and toilet. There’s a separate toilet for other users.

I’ll grab a shave stick and maybe a synthetic brush and see how I go.

You know, try to be expeditious but don't cut corners or anything else :)

You still need to be your best for work.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I once took a straight razor shave at NYC's Port Authority. Used a Thiers-Issard Le Grelot, a Tony Miller horsehide strop, and a combination of Tabac soap and The Veg to cover up the stench of human failure.

I'll shave just before bed if i must rise and shine at an ungodly hour, whether that would work for you...
dave

I'll shave just before bed if i must rise and shine at an ungodly hour, whether that would work for you...
dave

That was going to be my suggestion, a nice end of day shave where you’re not rushed and no one is waiting.

If that is not ideal, bring the set up you’re most comfortable with and do a quick 2 pass post shower.

Wetshaving is a pleasure no matter where it's done. Show the boys at the gym how it's done. Sure, they'll have questions. Answer them. Educate them. Convert them.

I did contemplate a night before shave, but I’m thinking that it must feel pretty nice to walk into work each day freshly shaven with some post workout endorphins flowing.

If I were really trying to minimize time after a sweaty workout I would considering using a tube of creamo-cream, Trader Joe's cream shave, or some other brush less cream so that no brush was needed. Using a plastic DE to complete a one pass shave. Or maybe a two pass if upon rising felt that there were spots left behind. So that the shave could be completed in about a minute. Preferably done in the shower to speed clean up.

I shower and shave at night, mostly because I’m often on the east coast and have to be at work by 8 or 9. Given the two hour time zone difference, I find the evening shave to be very relaxing after a hard day’s work.

When I'm trying to save time, I'll use a brushless cream.. They work but I haven't found one I really like yet. I can lather up with an Arko stick pretty quick.

On my gym days, I shave at home, just washing my face instead of showering. The shave will take the same time at the gym or at home. While not minding taking a shower at the gym (with flip flops on my feet), I do not want to put my brush and razor down on the less than perfectly cleaned countertops and rinsing my razor in a filled locker room sink is not appealing. Any of the above mentioned tips for saving time can be applied at home based on what works best for you.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yeah. Brushless cream, one of those oooks. Slap it on, shave it off.

Small bottle of balm and go!

AA

Top Bottom