What's new

PSA: When Selling Razors Do Not Ship With Blades In Them

Nobody - ABSOLUTELY NOBODY wants to receive a razor they bought with the blade in it. Remove the blades and discard before shipping used razors.

I canā€™t tell you how many razors Iā€™ve bought and they arrived with the blades in them. But I can tell you how many of those same razors Iā€™ve left the blade in and kept once receivedā€¦ā€¦..ZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEERRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOO NONE NADDA ZIP.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE HOBBY AND YOUR FELLOW MAN REMOVE THE BLADES BEFORE SHIPPING RAZORS YOU HAVE SOLD!

I got 4 razors today, 3 out of 4 had the DE blades in them still. Luckily Iā€™m always careful because I know itā€™s very common for people to leave the blades in when selling razors. If you have done this in the past please stop. Take the time to discard the razor blade before shipping.
So I take it youā€™re against it.
Ā 

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
A few years ago I was in a pretty nice antique store and they had a super speed setting on a table with a blade in it. I told the owner that was dangerous and offered to remove it in order to prevent someone from getting cut but she said the blade made it more valuable and wanted it left in. I shook my head and just walked away.
Ya cain't fix shtoopid my friend.
Ā 

FarmerTan

That's like seeing an old bedpan at an antique store and having them tell you it's worth more because it still has its contents.
šŸ¤®
If that were the case I've had millions of dollars pass through my fingers!

Literally. ALWAYS wear gloves, especially in nursing skool my friends...
Ā 
Keep at it guys, I think they are catching on! The blade is valuable in it's own right, a collector item to add to your "shaving display." Say it again, the blade is valuable too, don't leave it in there for somebody else to profit off of! :devil:

So, if you frequent a well known auction site and type the same thing in frequently enough, they will give wonderful recommendations. As in you wonder what the person listing the item was... never mind. It seems they think a loose Gillette blue blade of unknown condition, presumably package able, is worth $17USD. I have seen some others for $25. Don't even ask about the $100 mint condition(opened) 5 packs or the empty cartridges...
Ā 

FarmerTan

That would be Schick injector razors. As far as I know, Schick DE razors get the same treatment as any other DE.
I just assumed he was talking about the SE ones. I had no idea what I was doing when I first started with an ancient Schick and took the old blade that was in it out with a tiny screwdriver, then proceeded to inject a new one in it and it was duller than my stupidest sibling. So I vote with the @Cumberland Sausage .

how the heck did my TracFone go to italics? I have been trying to figger that out for 5.5 years and now I stumbled upon it!

it's a Festivus Miracle doggone!
Ā 

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Iā€™ve searched the web (not for hours mind you) but so far canā€™t find anything but opinions on forums that suggest Schick blades should be left in injectors.

I remove even those blades and have no problem loading another one in a blank razor.
Ā 
Iā€™ve searched the web (not for hours mind you) but so far canā€™t find anything but opinions on forums that suggest Schick blades should be left in injectors.

I remove even those blades and have no problem loading another one in a blank razor.
I think itā€™s one of things that has been repeated so much that itā€™s become a ā€œfactā€. Iā€˜ve wondered if leaving a blade in an injector long term can cause it to become loose. Iā€™ve bought a couple that had old blades in them for who knows how many years or decades that didnā€™t clamp down real tight on the new blade, a G8 in particular was so loose I could move the new blade around with my fingernail.
Ā 
Saw this today, old blade is clearly visible.
2F3E5741-843F-4244-BDFF-576814631870.jpeg
Ā 
Reactions: Kix
I was at one of my local antique stores a while back looking at straight razors, and one case had a few. Picked them up, checked them out, like one does. The last one, I opened it and my first thought was "oh, it's a shavette." Second response was "oh, and it's still got a blade in it, complete with blood and whiskers." I chose not to buy that one.
Ā 
Top Bottom