PS5 or Xbox Series X

• PS5

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Both

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
PS5. I’ve had Playstations all the way. Any word on how much it will cost?
Not sure about cost.

But I saw someone on offer up "selling" a ps5 for $300 (he used the promo pictures). So i asked him to let me borrow his DeLorean so I can travel to the future and get me a ps5 too.

I'm also invested in the FFVII Remake so I have to continue PS5 to keep that game going. I'm also really ready for Gran Turismo 7, the next real GT game.

Not sure about cost.

But I saw someone on offer up "selling" a ps5 for $300 (he used the promo pictures). So i asked him to let me borrow his DeLorean so I can travel to the future and get me a ps5 too.

This is a lot easier to use than the DeLorean. If unfamiliar I strongly recommend checking out Dark on Netflix.
proxy.php

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I'm still trying to get a Nintendo Switch. Harder than finding rocking horse manure right now.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'm still trying to get a Nintendo Switch. Harder than finding rocking horse manure right now.
If you are trying for the original price then yeah, Out of luck. I bought 3 off ebay for about 50% markup. I tried finding one in the stores and online for about a month. Finally said screw it and just ponied up the extra.

Costco got a bunch of the bundles in at one time. Came with the Switch, a 128gb card, case, and a year of Nintendo Online. Everyone bought them and put them on ebay. Those are the ones I got.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Yeah, you got that right. I'm hoping the xbox and ps5 drive people away from the switch so I can get one at the original price.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That won’t happen until Christmas. Even then that’s a maybe.

I think you all have me leaning toward a PS5.

I have not looked at the hardware specs for the two consoles, but if hardware is important to you, you are better off with a gaming PC. Yes, it will cost more, but if you can afford it, it is a better option.

The only reason to purchase a console is if that particular console comes with an exclusive game that is a must have for your collection. I have a PS4 and was tempted to get Red Dead Redemption 2, but I held out for the PC version released November of last year, a year after the PS4 version came out.

PS5 here. I own the PS4 now so it just makes sense to buy the PS5 given Sony's statement about almost 100% backward compatibility this time around.

Plus, the trailers for Resident Evil 8 and the remake of Demon's Souls looked incredible.

Systems I’ve owned:
Atari 2600
NES
SNES
Gameboy
Gameboy Advance
Wii
Wii U
3DS
Switch
PS1
PS2
PS3
PS4

I thought about getting the Xbox One X when it was announced, but will probably stick with what I know and get the PS5 in a year or so.

Hardware seems pretty comparable, will likely wait until both have been out for a bit but leaning towards the PS5 if I do pick one up.

Playstation gets the exclusive games that appeal to me more, so if I had to pick between those two, I'd go PS5 (though I imagine I have plenty of years left in my PS4). Microsoft almost never has an exclusive that turns my crank, and the one or two that did have made the leap to Nintendo Switch, so there's little reason for me to own an Xbox.

My wife and I are leaning towards the Xbox. The last gaming system we had was the Wii, but that doesn’t work anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Are any of these available in stores yet? Or just all still bought up by the scalpers?

My boy wanted a PS5 for Christmas, as his PS4 was not working, and he wanted the upgrade. The PS5 "set" at Costco was (a) $800 and (b) constantly sold out. Getting his PS4 fixed (hard drive replacement) was $140.

Done.

He's happy.

Top Bottom