What's new

PS5 is in the house!

Anyone else going to get one?

I came home from my morning shift and my wife was unboxing it. we aren’t huge into gaming but with all this COVID business happening. It’s nice to have a new distraction. she even got some free game codes. They take a long time to download but that’s OK because free!
AA241AC7-72F3-4F57-93D0-2B3BF6E26594.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I would if I could find it for sale anywhere. I completely forgot to pre-order one now every where I look is OUT OUT OUT.

Hehe, I love the idea of a new system.

Yet, I haven't used my PS4 for a quarter of the equipment/games I have gotten for it. Hardly ever drive on GranTourismo tracks which are nearly photo quality and the road surface is digitized to a fraction of the inch!

And I still have PS3 and PC gaming I'd love to play. ESO & Star Citizen are almost too much to invest in of late.

Game on buds, Game On!

Enjoy it! Lately the majority of my gaming has been on the Nintendo Switch; I barely even touch my Xbox One anymore. I am interested in getting an Xbox Series X, but not for quite a while (the only game I really care about is Forza Motorsport, and if it's backward compatible with the Xbox One, which it might be, I have no motive to get a new system.

Not happening here, as we have enough gaming machines. It looks like a great unit though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lightcs, yea I wouldn’t have bought it. We have a perfectly good PS4 and had to buy a new washer.

Luckily my wife works at PlayStation. Each employee was given a PS5 on launch day. It was almost like a holiday for them after working so hard before the launch. i can tell ya she worked her rear end off the last few months. I’m looking forward to her stress level decreasing because mamas stress level sets the mood in the house.

@Buster That is awesome. I would definitely enjoy playing games, especially as life starts (only starts) to slow down a bit and the kids are grown. Enjoy the gaming with your wife. It's a great way to spend time together.

Lightcs, yea I wouldn’t have bought it. We have a perfectly good PS4 and had to buy a new washer.

Luckily my wife works at PlayStation. Each employee was given a PS5 on launch day. It was almost like a holiday for them after working so hard before the launch. i can tell ya she worked her rear end off the last few months. I’m looking forward to her stress level decreasing because mamas stress level sets the mood in the house.

Lucky you! I’ve heard it’s really big. (The PlayStation)
Is it much bigger than the 4?

Son got one, not sure why, he has tons of stuff for his ps4. He also has xbox stuff and PC games.

I have a ps3 , just for movies and blu ray if I ever need it, never used it for blu ray.

Man, I used to do the gaming thing. Used to build Mega PCs with 1200 Watt PS. Top of the line GPUs, CPUs, RAM, and so on. Built servers to take as much processing off the main PC as possible in order eek out every last frame I could. Had games systems dating all the way back to the Atari 2600 up to the XBox 360.

Then I kept getting promoted at work. Kept getting transferred. Life kept getting better and better. A few months ago I booted into Windows to play a game I had bought 6 years ago. I just got dizzy after 5 minutes.

Now I just use a laptop for work, communication, research, investing, and playing news/documentary videos. The only VG I'll play is MSFT Solitaire on my phone in the restroom.

I'm not going to sit here and tell people you shouldn't play video games or any of that nonsense. I loved games when I was younger. The hobby forced me to learn more and more about PCs, servers, operating systems, coding, and networking. I'm just saying life got in the way of my VG habit. I still believe VGs, as far as entertainment, are far superior than TV, Movies, or Radio due to having to be involved in the game actively.

Maybe one day I'll go back to playing some games. I really don't see it, but I'm pretty sure I'll give it a shot.

I would like a shot of Demon Souls but it seems like a pretty big outlay for a decade old game that's been shined up a bit, don't see anything else of interest so far so will wait.

I’ve always been a PlayStation person. Had every system since the original. The ps5 didn’t do anything for me but irritate me. $70 for an replacement/extra controller, $10 more for the new titles (those will be $70 too), not backwards compatible so I’m adding another system to the pile.

I couldn’t believe I was saying it to the family but I’ll be joining the Xbox Series X group this time around. It’ll be my first Xbox.

I’ve always been a PlayStation person. Had every system since the original. The ps5 didn’t do anything for me but irritate me. $70 for an replacement/extra controller, $10 more for the new titles (those will be $70 too), not backwards compatible so I’m adding another system to the pile.

I couldn’t believe I was saying it to the family but I’ll be joining the Xbox Series X group this time around. It’ll be my first Xbox.
I have the Xbox one, well, my kids have it. They really like the console. Me? I like the old games from the 80s. Ha ha ha.

Top Bottom