What's new

Provence Sante Shave Cream

Someone over on SMF posted that Merz in Chicago carries Provence Sante shave cream. Has anyone here tried it? I also live in Chicago, and frequent Merz. I have not used the Provence Sante shave soap, but have read very good reviews about it (i.e. from Ron)... I wonder if their cream is also good. Any reviews? thanks

Drew

Ron's review is around here if you search for it. I also use it - it is good stuff, but quite different than the other stuff out there. Due to its high shea butter content the lather is quite light and airy. It is VERY slick. The scent is mild and nice. Recommended, but don't expect a Taylors.

Scotto-
Apparently there are two scents, green tea and verlaine... which do you have? If it is VERY slick, that is what is most important to me. I can usually live with a slightly less dense cream if the lubrication is there.

By the way... I couldn't find any review on the Provence Sante creams, just the soap. Do you have a link by any chance.

Thanks
Drew

Drew said:
Scotto-
Apparently there are two scents, green tea and verlaine... which do you have? If it is VERY slick, that is what is most important to me. I can usually live with a slightly less dense cream if the lubrication is there.

By the way... I couldn't find any review on the Provence Sante creams, just the soap. Do you have a link by any chance.

Thanks
Drew
yes. :cool:

Here is the link to Ron's original thoughts.

They are both nice scents. The Verlaine has a real nice lemony thang going on, and the Green Tea is very refreshing.

Thanks for the link, Scotto.

I have heard the Pre De Provence shave cream is sub-par (though the soap is highly regarded). It sounds like the Provence Sante shave cream is considerably better... would you concur?

Drew

I have not used the PdP shave cream, though it has been panned pretty hard (Kyle, for instance, recently). The PdP soap, on the other hand, is lovely. The PS stuff is interesting, and perhaps worth a try for you. I have samples of it available if you want to try it. You know where to look.

Top Bottom