What's new

Prototype of the Paradigm SE

Got my Paradigm SE and Vector yesterday put some pics up on another thread along with initial impressions Both razors were smooth a little more blade feel from the vector but I am now 18 hours out and I am still DFS using a proline in each razor. Anyone want an Rx? LOL

Got my Paradigm SE and the Vector yesterday put some pics up on another thread along with initial impressions Both razors were smooth a little more blade feel from the vector but I am now 18 hours out and I am still DFS using a proline in each razor. Anyone want an Rx? LOL
Nice, your comparison with the Vector is what pushed me to buy the Paradigm SE. I would also like to buy the Vector eventually and Blackland is good about having their razors in stock so it’s not a problem getting one.

I just got it and shaved with it. Really nice razor, I got a BBS shave after 3 passes and some touch ups. The razor performed excellent but the soap I used ruined my shave pretty much. The London Barbershop sample from Maggards started burning my face so I rushed the shave. I still managed to get a good shave with no cuts or irritation from the Paradigm SE with a Schick Proline.

There are no issues with grip since it’s not too heavy but it’s not too light either, titanium is perfect for this razor and it’s polished really nice with not a single imperfection. Loading the blade is easy and the shave angle is easy to find. Really smooth and easy shave with this razor. I can’t wait to use it with a soap my face likes because that feeling was not something I want to go through again.

These came today and are in the queue for tomorrow morning. Now which soap to use ...
received_2348829931826187.jpeg

Got mine a few days ago. Still working on perfecting my technique but I'm getting BBS shaves with it no matter what I do. Three passes. Very sensitive skin. No irritation and nicks. Schick Proline in it now. Love the heft and quality of this razor. Here's the thing though; I can get great BBS shaves with my OneBlade Genesis V2 and my Rex Ambassador (set on #3) with two passes and touchup. As smooth (or smoother) as the Paradigm SE. I'm not at all disappointed with the Paradigm mind you. Got to give it some more time to reach my final conclusion. I'll let you all know what my opinion on this bad boy is in a week or so.
SOTD 11:12:18.JPG

Ok I’m gonna go straight to the point:
Used mine already 5 times With feather Pro guard blades, initially it took me few minutes to find the right angle (again this is just the second SE razor I owned, previously owned king cobra).
The way to describe this particular razor would be and is right now “the smoothest in my collection “.

Again I’m comparing this against (Blackbird SB, Wolfman .74 OC, CG lv3 SB, CG lv2 SB, Tatara SB, ATT S2, ATT R2 and Timeless .68 OC and Rex) I’m very impressed with this razor it went above and beyond on how smooth it is, I have sensitive skin (matters to me a lot) my Wolfman and Blackbird were the smoothest razor before this one arrived, I really liked the last 5 shaves I had so far, Also the razor is very efficient (2 passes BBS except my tricky areas where very razor I owned struggle before, I just do some cleaning after).

The weight in my opinion is perfect & well balanced (this is my first titanium) I was afraid it would be to light but that’s not the case in fact feels very good in my hand outstanding design as well (love it).

The blade fits tightly with perfect alignment super cool sliding design. (The engineering, quality and machining are perfect at the highest standards).

Very good maneuverability no problems there even under my nose good feedback as well.
I’m very happy with this razor I’m glad I pulled the trigger on this one, definitely a very luxurious high end razor. (a keeper)

I still need to try a different blades to go with shoot me some recommendations if you don’t mind.
The only thing that the razor needs is a very nice well done stand to go along with.
(Would be nice if they make one for it)
I texted Phil back and forth on this matter before buying it (I’m very very picky) so glad I did.
Thank you Phil.

Note: again this is my only and solemn opinion on this razor if you think different is ok that’s your opinion at the end of the day everybody is different.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used mine already 5 times With feather Pro guard blades, initially it took me few minutes to find the right angle (again this is just the second SE razor I owned, previously owned king cobra).
The way to describe this particular razor would be and is right now “the smoothest in my collection “.

Again I’m comparing this against (Blackbird SB, Wolfman .74 OC, CG lv3 SB, CG lv2 SB, Tatara SB, ATT S2, ATT R2 and Timeless .68 OC and Rex) I’m very impressed with this razor it went above and beyond on how smooth it is, I have sensitive skin (matters to me a lot) my Wolfman and Blackbird were the smoothest razor before this one arrived, I really liked the last 5 shaves I had so far, Also the razor is very efficient (2 passes BBS except my tricky areas where very razor I owned struggle before, I just do some cleaning after).

The weight in my opinion is perfect & well balanced (this is my first titanium) I was afraid it would be to light but that’s not the case in fact feels very good in my hand outstanding design as well (love it).

The blade fits tightly with perfect alignment super cool sliding design. (The engineering, quality and machining are perfect at the highest standards).

Very good maneuverability no problems there even under my nose good feedback as well.
I’m very happy with this razor I’m glad I pulled the trigger on this one, definitely a very luxurious high end razor. (a keeper)

I still need to try a different blades to go with shoot me some recommendations if you don’t mind.
The only thing that the razor needs is a very nice well done stand to go along with.
I texted Phil back and forth on this matter before buying it (I’m very very picky) so glad I did.
Thank you Phil.

Note: again this is my only and solemn opinion on this razor if you think different is ok that’s your opinion at the end of the day everybody is different.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Thanks for your review - I enjoyed reading it and the pictures are great. I've had a couple more shaves with my Paradigm Titanium SE since my last post. Initially shaved with a new Schick Proline blade in it and once I had a few more shaves and refined my technique the razor is the smoothest I have in my den. So, I have to agree with your assessment. I own a OneBlade Genesis V2 and it too is on an even par with my Paradigm with regards to smoothness and quality of construction, fit/finish, etc. However, the Paradigm has superior blade feel and audible feedback and I also really like using this razor because.....hard to describe, it just feels right. I am lucky to be able to own this razor as well as my OneBlade,Rex and my vintage Gillettes.

Thank you Phil.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I thought the guard style blades were not supposed to fit?

I thought the guard style blades were not supposed to fit?

Andy, the creator of the Paradigm, posted this earlier on another forum in response to Matador:

"Okay, I gotta eat a little crow here. I never tested wire guard blades, so I couldn’t recommend them. But they seem to work fine. So consider what I said about them not fitting incorrect. As for Feather Pro Supers, they are a definite squeeze. I still don't recommend it. But others have reported using them. You takes your chances on that one.

I am going to update my website accordingly. Thanks for updating my brain. :) "

Thank you Phil.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Excellent review I am enjoying Schlick Prolines In mine

Thanks for the great review - I agree with all of it. Best razor I've ever used - and that includes OneBlade Genesis V2, SS General, Timeless SE1, Timeless DE .68, Supply SE V2. I use Schick Proline blades in mine and plan to stick with those. YMMV, but I couldn't be more pleased with this razor - fit, finish, feel, weighting, appearance, everything.

Anybody like this razor so much that they bought more than one? I have to say though this is a very good razor in my opinion better than the 17-4. Very happy I bought one.

Anybody like this razor so much that they bought more than one? I have to say though this is a very good razor in my opinion better than the 17-4. Very happy I bought one.

I almost pulled the trigger on my backup then ... I stopped. Still it’s in my head. There are total 67 remaining with Phil and Andy together

Top Bottom