What's new

Prototype of the Paradigm SE

This is interesting as to date I've never seen anyone post of alignment issues with any of Stan's razors!! I don't personally own one but will keep this in mind if I'm ever in the market for one...

If i remember right, there was an issue with the first version, but i think i read somewhere on this forum that the issue has been fixed in later versions.

Last edited:
I've owned five ATT razors, still have three (including the SE2), and have never experienced a blade alignment issue. Perhaps I've been lucky.

I'm intrigued by the Paradigm SE, in part because I find my 17-4 to be a tremendously designed, engineered and executed razor. I was happy to pay $230 for the 17-4, and would do so again for a stainless SE from Paradigm. But the $400 (or more) price tag for a titanium SE, especially as I appreciate the weight of stainless, is making me think I'll skip this release and wait for a different material. This coming from a guy who spent $249 on three soaps, three aftershaves and a brush over the last 36 hours.

I've owned five ATT razors, still have three (including the SE2), and have never experienced a blade alignment issue. Perhaps I've been lucky.

I'm intrigued by the Paradigm SE, in part because I find my 17-4 to be a tremendously designed, engineered and executed razor. I was happy to pay $230 for the 17-4, and would do so again for a stainless SE from Paradigm. But the $400 (or more) price tag for a titanium SE, especially as I appreciate the weight of stainless, is making me think I'll skip this release and wait for a different material. This coming from a guy who spent $249 on three soaps, three aftershaves and a brush over the last 36 hours.

Having only used the Paradigm Titanium II as my first titanium razor, I concur with your reasoning. I'm not sure why razor makers would choose titanium as their material. What benefit does it over stainless steel, pot metal, zamak, brass, etc? I guess you could argue the anti-corrison properties.

However, I'd be just fine with stainless steel and call it a day.

For me, the draw initially was rarity, combined with it simply being the nicest example of a polished titanium in the market. Comparing the finish of the Ti2 vs timeless Ti, it’s a staggering difference.

Once I had the razor in hand it’s a bit confusing to the mind to hold something that looks and feels so substantial, yet is so light.

Finally, and most importantly to me, was the face feel. The way titanium feels on my skin, and the way it glides is an experience that’s far and away from its SS counterpart. Whether that’s a total placebo or not, I don’t know. But the difference is real and tangible to me. Now, is that alone worth an extra 170 bucks? Apparently so for me [emoji51]

All news on the upcoming Paradigm SE appears to have dried up. Does anyone have any inside knowledges?

Nothing confirmed yet but, Phil at Bullgoose shaving over at the Nook made a statement that if all goes well, he would have roughly 100 Paradigm SE's by late next week. Another 50 will be available on the Paradigm site and 50 more to Gifts & Care overseas. As I said all is pending as per Phil if everything goes smoothly from now until then.

I have been deeply considering the Paradigm SE but, the cost of participation is extremely steep and with the Blackland Vector right around the corner at nearly half the cost, it has been a constant should I or shouldn't I debate on one or the other. I think they will both be excellent shavers and I don't forsee anything groundbreaking with either one of them except for the visual eye candy and sexiness they both exude.

Sit and wait or full steam ahead? Conundrum indeed.....:idea::confused1

Nothing confirmed yet but, Phil at Bullgoose shaving over at the Nook made a statement that if all goes well, he would have roughly 100 Paradigm SE's by late next week. Another 50 will be available on the Paradigm site and 50 more to Gifts & Care overseas. As I said all is pending as per Phil if everything goes smoothly from now until then.

I have been deeply considering the Paradigm SE but, the cost of participation is extremely steep and with the Blackland Vector right around the corner at nearly half the cost, it has been a constant should I or shouldn't I debate on one or the other. I think they will both be excellent shavers and I don't forsee anything groundbreaking with either one of them except for the visual eye candy and sexiness they both exude.

I was in the same boat as you but when the opportunity to grab a Wolfie just came up,

I was in the same boat and was going to get the Paradigm and the Vector but I got lucky and found Wolfman open. Now I will have to skip the Paradigm and just get the Vector. Or so says my wife.

I was in the same boat and was going to get the Paradigm and the Vector but I got lucky and found Wolfman open. Now I will have to skip the Paradigm and just get the Vector. Or so says my wife.

Don't you dare jump ship now!! :001_tongu It's the only way I can tell my Girlfriend "everybody else is getting one and they say it's awesome". I lose most of the time but, once in awhile I get lucky..... :001_302:

Photos of the production model

YrmjNYF.jpg

yFFmmwc.jpg

PBCWfK0.jpg

Ummm.. Now that I see it, I'm kind of 50/50 on it....

I am a huge fan of Paradigm DE razors but this head looks rather large and bulky, hope it is only the picture angle

Sure hope it shaves better than it looks!! That has no sex appeal at all. What a shame...

I am a huge fan of Paradigm DE razors but this head looks rather large and bulky, hope it is only the picture angle

It just looks uninspiring to be honest. Sort of plain Jane. Honestly, I was not expecting this out of Paradigm. It just doesn’t get the blood pumping for me. I was going to pull the trigger on it, regardless of costs, but now I think I can spend that $$$ else where... Not for me.

Well, looks like things are back on track as Bullgoose announced they'll be releasing the Paradigm Ti SE sometime this week.

Like I said Gents, I was eagerly awaiting this release as I wanted to try a Paradigm product and even more so in Ti. I even had convinced the Misses on this razor and received her blessing. Yet, I'm not wowed by the looks it exudes. Still, it's Ti and how it would shave has me on the fence on it. And comparing it to the ultra modern and sexy looking Vector, it's like taking the fat chick to the dance and leaving your cheerleading girlfriend home. Yes? No? I don't know......:idea:

It’s available on the Bullgoose site The initial reviews look very promising. I will try a comparison between the Vector and Paradigm SE once they arrive.

It’s available on the Bullgoose site The initial reviews look very promising. I will try a comparison between the Vector and Paradigm SE once they arrive.

Will be watching your posts closely my friend. Congrats on acquiring both the Vector & Paradigm SE Ti....

I really like the look of this razor but I don’t know if I should buy it. I have plenty of stuff and the blade loading is neat but I only replace them 2 to 3 times a month. The only AC razor I own is the SS General and would like see some comparisons before buying one.

Top Bottom