What's new

PROTEX Body Bar

Very nice bar from Thailand....Lather is not the richest or thickest but it is not thin either. Wonderful herbal " green forest " scent, along the line of Irish Spring , but milder and nicer. Leaves a nice faint scent on the skin..... I found this bar in a Pakistani market.
IMG_0636.JPG
IMG_0637.JPG
IMG_0638.JPG
IMG_0639.JPG
IMG_0640.JPG

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Never heard of it Ron. Thanks for sharing these soaps with us and for reviewing them.

I enjoy this soap too. Aside from Southeast Asia and South Asia, it's also sold in Europe and South America. European version is made in Turkey:
View attachment 1185146

Not sure of the provenance of this soap, but seems it was sold far and wide(r) at one point. Here's an Australian ad from 1942:

View attachment 1185137

And a vintage bar from America:
View attachment 1185139
Can't open any of the attachments, moderators have deemed it " medical advice " , which is not permitted on B&B......Not sure why, as I am unable to view them ...

Very nice bar from Thailand....Lather is not the richest or thickest but it is not thin either. Wonderful herbal " green forest " scent, along the line of Irish Spring , but milder and nicer. Leaves a nice faint scent on the skin..... I found this bar in a Pakistani market.View attachment 1183014View attachment 1183015View attachment 1183016View attachment 1183017View attachment 1183018
Interesting. I don't have a Pakistani market nearby... I don't see this on Amazon either. Would like to try it. Was your market located in Pakistan?

Hmm, looks like it is available in America, but perhaps only Puerto Rico.

1622896731865.png

1622897120632.png

Taken from an Ebay listing. Listing states that the soap is made in USA, however the pictures in the listing show that it is made in Mexico, distributed by Colgate-Palmolive with what appears to be a Puerto Rican address listed. Perhaps a Puerto Rican market is worth a go.

Protex bars by Colgate-Palmolive are available in Europe too. They are not exactly the ubiquitous produclt like the Palmolive bars, but are available in some shops. They recently changed their packaging. As @alin showed, the European version (just like Palmolive) is manufactured in Turkey. I have actually found about this brand only like 2-3 years ago, although I am a big Palmolive bar fan. :lol:

Hmm, looks like it is available in America, but perhaps only Puerto Rico.

View attachment 1277088

View attachment 1277089

Taken from an Ebay listing. Listing states that the soap is made in USA, however the pictures in the listing show that it is made in Mexico, distributed by Colgate-Palmolive with what appears to be a Puerto Rican address listed. Perhaps a Puerto Rican market is worth a go.
Interesting. I have a Mexican store nearby, I'll look there. Also may be in Tijuana soon, so I might have to dig around and see what kinds of shaving supplies I can find there.

Top Bottom