What's new

Protesting Our Fallen Soldiers,,,

Mama Bear said:
There has been a law passed saying the protesters must stay 200 feet away from the funeral home.

The Pennsylvania Legislature just passed a law that requires protests at military funerals to be at least 500 feet away. I don't remember if it includes the whole gamut of funeral services, or just at the cemetery. Nonetheless, the legislature rightly responded after the Westboro lunatics protested at one funeral here in Pa. and then said they would keep coming back. For once, the politicians did something right.

MamaBear:
A friend of mine sent me a link to one of the funerals your group attended and I was overwhelmed. Not only was it emotional but very enlightening and educational re: showing the masses that "bikers" arent all bad.
Best wishes and continued success with your mission. I can only imagine how much it means to the families of our fallen heroes.

It is very typical for a first timer to attend these wakes and funerals to get what we call 'mission shock'. I got it and now talk to first timers when I can. It is highly emotional. For some reason the closer it is to home, the harder it can be. It is impossible to hold back the tears sometimes. It is also hard to contain anger at the Westboro Baptist Church members for what they do during these times, but we do. The signs they carry and the disrespect for the American flag that they show staggers me. I have not been on a mission in a few weeks, but the last one in West Frankfort Illinois had the fire department and residents also join in with us to block the family from seeing the protesters.. It is a little harder to protest when there is a huge firetruck will an enormous American Flag hanging from the boom blocking everyones view of you..:thumbup1:

There is an article about Fred Phelps here if anyone is interested.. http://www.baptistwatch.org/fredphelps.html

Church for bikers DOES mean a whole bunch of new things now.. :smile: we will continue to do anything we can so that our sons and daughters are buried with the respect they are do and the families do not have to be subject to the horrors of these people at their childrens funerals.. It's just not right to publicly display this sort of hatred at a military funeral.

Bear Hugs,

Sue (Mama Bear)

I feel like I have hijacked this thread... but we have a mission coming up in Skokie (Chicago) on Sunday. The westboro baptist church is attending to protest. We welcome anyone to come with us and if I am out of line I apologize. Information can be found..... http://patriotguard.org/Forums/tabid/61/forumid/11/tpage/1/view/Topic/postid/219511/Default.aspx

We need all the help we can get to help the family be insulated from the westboro baptist church.. (not capitalized on purpose....)

My apologies if anyone is offended..

God Bless,

Sue (Mama Bear)

Top Bottom