What's new

Protecting yourself from counterfeits?

I hope this is the correct place to post this.

I am still new to DE shaving and looking to buy some DE blades in bulk. I've tried several brands and have found several that work for me. In this economy, everyone is wanting to save money. I have found a few venders on the bay that are selling some for a very good price. My main concern is getting ripped off. I noticed in another thread that there is a possibility of counterfeiting. How can you tell if they are counterfeit? Has anyone ever run into a situation where they received counterfeit merchandise? Is there any reference material for the consumer to arm themselves with?

Thanks
Ghost

My boss, a Chinese national, tells me that the Chinese don't care about IP (intellectual property) - their own or anyone elses. However, he recognises that Western brands are very popular in China and even the Chinese want to buy genuine western brands.

To this end, my boss has developed an Anti-counterfeit label to protect some western brands for sale in China.

however, this does not guarentee western buyers of what could be Chinese made products.

I hope this is the correct place to post this.

I am still new to DE shaving and looking to buy some DE blades in bulk. I've tried several brands and have found several that work for me. In this economy, everyone is wanting to save money. I have found a few venders on the bay that are selling some for a very good price. My main concern is getting ripped off. I noticed in another thread that there is a possibility of counterfeiting. How can you tell if they are counterfeit? Has anyone ever run into a situation where they received counterfeit merchandise? Is there any reference material for the consumer to arm themselves with?

Thanks
Ghost

The quality of the product workmanship and the finish. If its a blade, I guess the shave would let you know how legit the blade is (and hence the vendor trustworthiness). I think you should order some from a vendor before you bulk buy. That way you may end up paying a bit more but onc you have your inner circle of trusted vendors you can buy bulk.

I dont think DE blades are sold in a high enough volume to bother counterfeitting them.

I dont think counterfeits are always lesser quality either. Much of the time the counterfeit factory is the factory next to the original. Same raw materials going in, basically the same product going out.

Herbnerd - whats to stop them just copying the anti-copy label?

Top Bottom