What's new

Prostate Health : Is Anyone Eating Dark Chocolate ?

I am in trouble. I eat at least three eggs every day.

I ate three eggs every morning for years. When I was diagnosed with high cholesterol, I quit and started eating oatmeal. I’m 68 and I have an enlarged but otherwise healthy prostate. The urologist says that just about every man in my age group has an enlarged prostate and the ones that don’t, don’t have a prostate.

I'm a bit skeptical: this is the first time in my life something I like is (allegedly) good for me :biggrin1:

Give them time, they’ll find something wrong with dark chocolate.

There's dark chocolate and there's Noir de Noir. Not for the feint of heart at 86%.

Surrender to the Dark Side:
Cote d'Or.jpg

While I appreciate the topic and do enjoy dark chocolate, my recommendation? Use the plumbing. The muscles need regular use to keep the lower abdomen healthy. You'll find there is a difference in the way you urinate if you haven't been. And that difference can translate into better bladder control overnight. (I'm not a Doctor, nor do I portray one on television. I offer no documentation supporting my observations, they are my experiences and mine alone. Take that for a comprehensive YMMV.)

If we are talking about BPH (benign prostate enlargement), people might want to try pumpkin seeds, a couple of ounces daily. These can easily go in your breakfast cereal, etc. I won't go into the biochemistry, but you can research it. Also, I'd suggest just eating dark non-dutch processed cocoa in food instead of chocolate. Candy is not normally considered a health food!
:smile:

If we are talking about BPH (benign prostate enlargement), people might want to try pumpkin seeds, a couple of ounces daily. These can easily go in your breakfast cereal, etc. I won't go into the biochemistry, but you can research it. Also, I'd suggest just eating dark non-dutch processed cocoa in food instead of chocolate. Candy is not normally considered a health food!
:smile:
It didn’t help my BPH. I’ve been a regular consumer of dark chocolate from way back, and recently had HOLEP surgery because of BPH. Now I go like a racehorse.

I didn't know chocolate dd anything for the prostate.
Heard good things about cranberry juice( the real stuff, not cocktail mix)
Pumpkin seeds or zinc in any form, preferably natural....oysters and shellfish for instance

And what is ‘Proscar ?’
" Proscar is used to treat symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with an enlarged prostate."

Yes, I take Proscar, and have since I turned sixty. It's not a miracle cure, but it does help. Dark chocolate? Probably not. But I like it anyway.

Last edited:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Now I know what ‘Proscar’ is. And it looks as if I am the only person who ‘heard’ about the benefits of Dark Chocolate.

" Proscar is used to treat symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with an enlarged prostate."

Yes, I take Proscar, and have since I turned sixty. It's not a miracle cure, but it does help. Dark chocolate? Probably not. But I like it anyway.
I’ve been taking Tamsulosin for several years, and Finasteride for about 9 months for BPH. I finally became weary of it taking anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to empty my bladder and said something about it to my PCP. She sent me to a urologist and six months later I had HOLEP surgery to fix the issue. Now I pee like a normal person. I’m still taking the Tamsulosin and Finasteride, but hope to kick them to the curb soon. I can’t say that Dark Chocolate helped.

Top Bottom