What's new

Prosar Shave Cream

4B5B6CA6-F22D-4AF6-A911-209CC809680F.jpeg

I just started using this cream after finding it on the bay. It was $6.41 from a seller in California. I believe it is a Greek cream. It has a metal tube and was hermetically sealed.

It has a darker brown color and is quite stiff for a tube cream. It’s not as thin as Proraso. It had a tiny amount of light brown liquid that seeped out upon opening but Didn’t continue after first use. It was really a couple drips. The cream seems to be normal.

It did not take much effort to face lather at all and I have been impressed with its slickness. I do have softened water and rarely have a lack of slickness, but a few creams seem a little slicker. This one stood out. The lather reminded me of Tabac soap lather in consistency but not scent.

It works well with straight razors as well as my vintage Gillette razors.

The scent is not overpowering but noticeable. I have a head cold that keeps hanging on so the sniffer is not 100% so take this part of the review with a grain of salt. I believe the main accord is calone. Not cologne...... It smells like the dry down of my Bulgari Aqva edt. Even more so like the Atlantiqve flanker. It is a very oceanic sea breeze scent. I am kind of excited to find a cream that smells this way. It’s nothing like I have ever smelled in other creams.

It is a very nice cream if you like the scent.

Happy St. Patrick day all!
Brian

I love Prosar, and I believe it is the last of the 4 Greek creams still in production,even the long lived Kolynos cream has been discontinued...

Prosar is a nice cream. It is not as good as Proraso of course, but its scent is unique and I like it very much. It is also pretty cheap, here in Greece it costs about 1,5 euro.

yes, long gone, my favorite Greek cream..Froika may be around, not sure ..... Froika also from Greece: ADELCO aloe vera cream and SPLENDID shaving powder ( excellent !!! )

Splendid is horrible - my friend’s father brought me a container of it a couple of years ago from Greece. This stuff takes a lot of time and effort to get a decent lather. Not only that, it could give you a sneezing fit! Lol

Rick

Splendid is horrible - my friend’s father brought me a container of it a couple of years ago from Greece. This stuff takes a lot of time and effort to get a decent lather. Not only that, it could give you a sneezing fit! Lol

Rick
The squeeze container leaves a lot to be desired. I enlarged the orifice just a tiny bit, now I get a less " blast " of powder. It takes time to get used to, and it does not produce a "lather" , it only coats the face with an excellent lubricant, almost invisible really. I get superb shaves with Splendid... Greece used to have several other shave powders, with beautiful graphics on the containers....

Top Bottom