What's new

Proraso Yellow Canned Foam

So, I had been anti-foam for over a dozen years. Foam was the reason I quit modern shaving, along with the declining quality in Sensor blades.

Fast Forward, I grabbed some Proraso red foam on a whim for like $3 from Groomatorium. I needed it for a Sunday rush job. It worked great. Smelled like normal Proraso red, and performed just about as well. I was happy with it.

Curiosity got the best of me. I've been wanting to try Proraso yellow for years ever since I saw it in an Italian barber shop. so, I grabbed some on ebay in the 400ml container for $13.

I used it today, and it was great. The scent is VERY much like a bottle of Creme de Cacao. I guess that makes sense since it contains cocoa butter and shea butter.

I will no longer shun canned foam as long as it smells good and performs well. I highly recommend this one.

proxy.php

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I think I have seen the Yellow can on eBay. Would love it to be in tubs and tubes. Thanks for sharing.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Yeah, they only make the foam in yellow. It would be nice to see it in the tube, tub, and splash.

I have been hoping for a traditional cream in metal tube since the yellow can has come out. However, after several years from its release, I doubt it will ever be produced. Somehow disappointing.

I know this is a relatively old thread, but I got a small can of Proraso Yellow today. To me, this smells like cocoa butter+banana. It's very creamy and performs exceptionally well for a canned foam. I am very pleased with this purchase.

saw some of it for cheap in either TJMax or Marshalls....and I skipped it.... I have 4 other brand cans that I don't use any more

Anybody try shoving a can of Proraso into a hot lather machine? - Did it fit?

I had an impulse buy of a new in box Hot Lather machine, after getting my hair cut last week ($10!), and the thought occured that Proraso & Tabac both come in cans, that might fit. The Tabac is a 7 oz, which the machine might support, seem to recall 7 & 10 oz cans fit. The Proraso sure looks about the same size as a can of Barbasol, and think warm, they might smell awesome. - Nothing like a hot lather shave on cold mornings, but I'm usually too busy (or lazy) to bust out the scuttle, get it hot, and then clean it most mornings.

I came across a yellow can yesterday as well...with shea butter.....but it was Noxzema.
Really love their stuff in the white can so couldn't resist. Price was right too...a massive can for
less than $2.
Where was this?!! Not the USA? I like the white too and works great with a soft brush.

I saw all the colors at Shoppers Drug Mart inToronto Canada. You may see the canned stuff at Pasteur Pharmacy in NY city. You can always purchase online.

Top Bottom