What's new

Proraso White scented Artisan Soap?

Gentlemen,

I love the Proaso White scent, however I am not comfortable with some of the ingrediences (mainly the Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate).

So I thought maybe there is an Artisan soap out there that mimics the scent of the "Bianca" line of Proraso? Cream is okay too :D Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks!

It's funny how scent is truly a YMMV thing. I always assumed people used Proraso white products because of the price and/or performance, but certainly not for the scent!

It would seem doubtful that an artisan would try to replicate that scent... But what do I know? ;)

Haha true! This is actually my favourite scent of any soap or cream I have tried so far. It's fresh with a little bit of citrus and slight note of apple. Add the subtle colling effect: awesome!

Where the soap/cream drops to me is the performance and as mentioned the ingredients.

I used Proraso White yesterday. It has enough cushion & slickness for me. Its easy to lather but, a little water hungry to get it just right. I might try the Red next.

Between green, white and blue, white is by far my favorite scent. To me, it's light and clean, and honestly the actual scent that I think of for "barbershop"--I know, heresy! So I wouldn't mind finding something else that smells similar to it either.

Proraso white is very, well, "white", neutral scent.
"Green tea and oat"
Perhaps you might try Truefitt & Hill Luxury, or Art of Shaving Unscented.

truefitt hill luxury muehle red imp pinaud clubman september 12 2016.jpg

travel set aos truefitt hill opus unscented august 9 2014s.jpg

For what it's worth, my favourite Proraso scent is by far the Red (sandalwood). Unlike the other ones, it doesn't have the menthol feel, which is fine by me. The shea butter makes for a great post shave feel.
And the red aftershave lotion/splash is also phenomenal... even better scent than the soap/cream.

But, back to the original topic, what's wrong with the Proraso white ingredient list? The OP mentioned Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate... Yeah, that's a lot of syllables but that's about all I know about it ;-)

For what it's worth, my favourite Proraso scent is by far the Red (sandalwood). Unlike the other ones, it doesn't have the menthol feel, which is fine by me. The shea butter makes for a great post shave feel.
And the red aftershave lotion/splash is also phenomenal... even better scent than the soap/cream.

But, back to the original topic, what's wrong with the Proraso white ingredient list? The OP mentioned Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate... Yeah, that's a lot of syllables but that's about all I know about it ;-)
No Kidding. It's just a shaving cream, not dinner...

To the OP, Provence Sante makes a very nice vegan Green Tea soap. I've never tried the Proraso White so I don't know how green tea it is, but the Provence Sante is very nice.

Try eShave white tea if you like the tea scent, I have both and I think eShave is superior but I really like Proraso white as well.

I find the Proraso White soap smells terrific. It has such a good soothing effect and it's even slightly mentholated.

Rick

Proraso white is also a favorite of mine. Yes, the scent is nice, but also very mild, and not too much menthol. I like it so much I got the ASB too, which is nice and mild too, but somehow, not exactly the same.

...a consumer would have to use the finished product, containing Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, every day for 57 years before there was a statistical risk of formaldehyde release reaction.

E2E09A06-E9BB-486F-B4CE-3EA84B30F444.gif

Top Bottom