What's new

Proraso White Pre- Shave Issue

My standard pre shave routine is using AOS oil. Figured I'd try out Proraso White Pre shave to see if there is a difference in the shave. Well there certainly is, first the Proraso is a cream that you rub onto wet skin. After applying, the WP created a burning sensation, my skin felt sensitive. However, it disappeared and the shave was BBS.
Has anyone else experienced any adverse reactions? Would you describe it as burning or cooling? Anyone use it as a post shave instead?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I tried the Proraso Green pre shave and I think I felt a warm sensation on my face. I didn't go for it really. I'm not much of a pre shave oil or pre shave anything else. YMMV as usual.

Hmm..that seems unusual considering the white is specifically made for sensitive skin. Sorry I don’t have any answers!

Yeah probably your skin does not tolerate even the light menthol it contains. Get the Red pre shave cream. Really excellent. No burn at all. It softens the grain better.

I agree, this looks like a reaction to the product. I might give it one more try, but if the same thing happened again I would PIF the cream. Just my $0.02!

Yeah probably your skin does not tolerate even the light menthol it contains. Get the Red pre shave cream. Really excellent. No burn at all. It softens the grain better.
I think your right, the menthol is probably part of the cause. Got to be something else in there as well. I use LT vanishing cream as an AS. That too has menthol, but doesn’t feel intense, actually I like it if I have irritation.

Aqua (Water), Stearic Acid, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Hydroxide, Menthol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geranoil, Citronellol.

These are the Proraso White Pre Shave Cream ingredients. Check it out, you may find something.

Or else use the red, I'm telling you, good stuff, no methol feeling.

I do not have a sensitivity to menthol, but my face burned when I used this product. As I recall, I gave it a second chance and had the same result. I can't use it.

Aqua (Water), Stearic Acid, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Hydroxide, Menthol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geranoil, Citronellol.

These are the Proraso White Pre Shave Cream ingredients. Check it out, you may find something.

Or else use the red, I'm telling you, good stuff, no methol feeling.

So that is interesting, no menthol. Does feel like it has it, but apparently not. Since LT vanishing does have menthol, that can't be the ingredient that is bothering me, cause I am fine with LT, and as you point out, no menthol in the white Proraso.
I won't use the WP again, something in it is affecting my skin. YMMV.
Besides lets face it, there are so many pre shaves, out there, why get stuck on one.
I appreciate everyone taking time to respond. Good to hear various experiences with these products.

I do not have a sensitivity to menthol, but my face burned when I used this product. As I recall, I gave it a second chance and had the same result. I can't use it.
Not worth getting stuck on it, there are so many more out there. Would be interesting to know which ingredient(s) are affecting us. Any products that have that ingredient(s) would be avoided by me.

So that is interesting, no menthol. Does feel like it has it, but apparently not. Since LT vanishing does have menthol, that can't be the ingredient that is bothering me, cause I am fine with LT, and as you point out, no menthol in the white Proraso.
Besides lets face it, there are so many pre shaves, out there, why get stuck on one.
I appreciate everyone taking time to respond. Good to hear various experiences with these products.

Look carefully, of course there is Menthol. And probably is not menthol that irritates you, but some other ingredients.

Missed the menthol ingredient, ok. LT vanishing cream, no problem. This one, issues. OK thanks.

If you guys feel even a little burn, don't ever use it. I was very happy to have a Proraso White pre/post cream for a good price, but from day that I have started to use it as pre shave i would feel the burn. At first I thought that it is normal, because the pain was not too much. But today, when I applied it as my Pre and Post shave, i couldnt even stand stably. It almost made me cry. And literally burned my face. I have washed my face with cold water and immediately applied Madecassol (oitment) and Bepanthol together. It's a little bit better right now. I have told the same thing in "Which after shave you applied today" thread. And I am sharing the same now. Because I want people to know that if your skin reacts negatively to it, you should consider stop using it. Well, yes, it didn't work for me.

Attachments

• IVS7bd.jpg
    IVS7bd.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 21
I never had a problem with the preshave cream, I used all variants of it, red, white, green. I used to use the heck out of them but now I really have no need too. I still have about half a jar of the red sitting there on my shelf collecting dust, I honestly don't think I'll ever use it again to be honest, but you never know.

I wonder if they changed something in the formula? they went to a new package and formula for the soap line.

Top Bottom