What's new

Proraso white performance vs. green / red, any compromises?

Looking at the ingredients of Proraso white (the sensitive formulation) I think it should be a good fit for me, but I've often found that "sensitive" equates to a less effective product.

For those who've used the current formulations of the three Proraso soaps, have you found the white to be at all inferior to its siblings in terms of slickness, cushioning and so on? I'd just like to get a few opinions before I splash the cash.

Other than the scent, I have found all of the Proraso soaps to be great. Have not noticed any difference in performance nor quality of these products.

Yup - the White is a “go to” for the travel bag. I haven’t noted any difference in the performance of the tubed creams.

How about the blue? Never hear that one discussed. Recently grabbed a tube on the cheap at Marshalls, but haven’t cracked the seal yet.
Blue is my favorite of the four. It's a scent difficult to describe, but I really like it.

Love the white, have used both the tube and the tub...great performer; Green for me in the summer, I have used red both the Tub and tube, love the scent and performance, but this one I thought I had a bit of a reaction to a few years back, great in the fall/winter tho, scent-wise; blue performed well, but wasn't a big fan of the scent; best I can describe (to my nose) was clean baby wipe with a hint of licorice/anise...I love black licorice, but the baby wipe scent I could not get used to.

I think the value buy is the tub. I go through the tubes much quicker, but they are easier to travel with. With the tubs, my brush loads full and quick, and a thick rich lather comes fast in the bowl or directly to the face.

How about the blue? Never hear that one discussed. Recently grabbed a tube on the cheap at Marshalls, but haven’t cracked the seal yet.
i couldn't handle the scent of the blue....used it a couple times and then had to throw it back in the closet. I love the green and red. Havent tried the white.

I think they all work roughly the same. The white kind of stinks though. I use it occasionally.

The nice thing about the White is that the scent vanishes very quickly - it’s my go to for times when I don’t want a scented soap / aftershave lingering. Green vanishes pretty quickly too, but for some reason the red sticks to me (not in a particularly pleasant way) all day.

(Not a fault of the red in particular - the sweet / spicy of Sandalwood just isn’t a scent I prefer.)

I have all 4 amazing creams. Can’t go wrong with any of them, trying to think which I like better but they all get equal use.
Basically just buy them all lol.
5DC9F4AB-A118-4212-AA28-D40625FED8B5.jpeg

Never tried Proraso due to some users stating its no good, then received Proraso White soap as a gift and is very pleased with the performance and will surely try the green and red in the future.

If its good enough for many professional barbers, it should be good enough for most.

Proraso White croap - I don't find that it's slick enough, and the scent is too weird.
I mix it with a blander-scented cream, like Nivea Moisturizing shaving cream, or The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe cream. Much nicer lather, and a more interesting scent.
I do not expect to buy a second tub.

Proraso Green croap - similar story, except the menthol is slightly less objectionable. I add Gillette's "Pure" cream, which improves the slickness and dials back the menthol.

Proraso Red croap - I like it as is, for scent and performance. I like the sandalwood scent so much that I am determined never to run out of it nor of the Proraso Red aftershave.

Proraso Blue? - never tried it.

Sadly, I can only find the Green croap at nearby brick & mortar stores. Any other I have to order online.

I'm not a Proraso user but I think what you're calling the "white" and the "blue" are same thing. The tub is all white but the tube is white and blue. I think.

Top Bottom