What's new

Proraso white leaves a residue

I love Proraso.
Yes, you get a lot of gunk afterwards so what? Just rinse the hardware and deep clean once in a month.
My favorite soap leaves more gunk than Proraso...MWF

I have a multitude of soap & creams. They all leave a film/scum. Some more than others. I am in the love Proraso camp, Red, Green, White, Wood & Spice and Azur Lime. I believe they are great products and maybe my water is agreeable with them but I see no more issues than any others. I remember decades using cartridges and the razor always had a white coating after a few used of Edge Shaving Gel or Gillette Foamy.

My problem with the residue is not what's left on the razor, it's what is left in the brush.

After every shave, i rinse the brush under running water. Then i make a very quick bowl lather with the brush and dishwashing liquid (an equivalent of what Americans call Dawn). The brush creates a sort of dishwashing "lather". I add water and then dip the brush in it up to the knot. Then i rinse it again under tap water. My brushes have no residue. It takes less time to do than what it seems by reading.

After every shave, i rinse the brush under running water. Then i make a very quick bowl lather with the brush and dishwashing liquid (an equivalent of what Americans call Dawn). The brush creates a sort of dishwashing "lather". I add water and then dip the brush in it up to the knot. Then i rinse it again under tap water. My brushes have no residue. It takes less time to do than what it seems by reading.
I find it's not the process but the soap/water cobination.
I've used soaps in hotels where everything is pristine afterwards, same soaps at home make it look like I whitewashed the brush handle.

Thanks everyone.

I can definitely clean my brush if it develops any residue. So long as damage isn't going to happen, I'm fine with Prorasso. In fact, it's up for my next shave. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Proraso isn’t the only soap that does this, but it is a bit frustrating. It’ll coat the sink in the same residue.

Proraso isn’t the only soap that does this, but it is a bit frustrating. It’ll coat the sink in the same residue.
Haven't seen that yet, but I'll look out for it.

Had my first shave with red... Awesome smell and the performance was really good. Had to wipe my razor down afterwards as it got a white coating, but it came off fast and easy.

Glad I picked it up. Certainly a great sandalwood scent. [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I would say shampoo and conditioner to clean natural brushes and use Dawn like boar fighter has suggested for synthetics. After i use my brushes I rinse under warm water, agitate like I'm palm lathering and then shake dry and hang upside down. I have a slight soap buildup but not much where it needs cleaning that often.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I love Proraso soaps and do notice the residue after using the White more than the others. It does not bother me as I wipe the razors down after use and give them a good wash and scrub every now and again. Every one is different.

All the Proraso soaps tend to leave some white residue, once dry, particularly if you don't clean the equipment well. I take an old soft toothbrush and give the razor a light wash with it. - Most soaps do leave a little something, just the Proraso seems to leave a thicker coating than other. (I have Proraso Green, White, and Red and they all do it).

Top Bottom