What's new

Proraso White Irritation

Sensitivity to products is an issue to many of us. Finding what works well for each of us can be challenging. I found starting with unscented soap with a short list of ingredients was my easiest path. A good tallow and a good vegan soap with a ingredients that were easily identifiable made for comfortable shaves for me. I was then able to branch out with more producers and scents. For me fragrance oils were the irritants, but most essential oils have not been an issue.

Another consideration is that allergies can develop over time. What worked once may not always.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The best way to figure out which ingredient(s) to look for is to compare the ingredient list between what doesn't work and what works. Strike what works (the common ingredients) and keep the "unknown" on a different list. Eventually, you should be able to narrow it down. It's a bummer that it doesn't work well for you.

Another consideration is that allergies can develop over time. What worked once may not always.

According to a nurse I know in a local Allergist's office they can also come and go. If you like all the other aspects, put it on hiatus and try it again later.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
When I have allergic reactions it seems to always be the fragrance. I've never had a problem with lavender from any cream/soap. At least for me that's a safe one.

The first soap that I tried was Proraso White. I thought I had sensitive skin. Well, it is more sensitive that I imagined. After getting burned with most creams I returned to Proraso (the whole line) and some other soaps. You should try DR Harris (Soap) and Castle Forbes cream (Lavender).

Top Bottom